2 for the Euros - 2024 version

9 hours ago, cressida said:

Son said the match was turgid.

It wasn't totally grim, but once Saka ran out of steam the match was effectively done. Then we were kind of impotent.

3 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

It wasn't totally grim, but once Saka ran out of steam the match was effectively done. Then we were kind of impotent.

I don't know why he watched the match,  I'm waiting for the French/Austria match kick-off,  I don't listen to the pundits.

Thought Walker should have gone for goal once he got in the box.

England played too many long balls from Pickford and we constantly put ourselves under pressure which just seemed plain stupid.

6 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Good point - I just wish he'd have had the brain cells to pick a genuine left footed left-back to give the team genuine balance.  My choice? Tyrick Mitchell, who also plays for Palace, yet for some reason didn't even make the squad!

This is an exclusion that I can't get my hand round, we offered nothing down the left at all.

11 hours ago, cressida said:

I'm waiting for the French/Austria match kick-off,  I don't listen to the pundits.

A very physical game,  not so much France won as Austria lost it.

19 hours ago, Beechwood_S6 said:

And yet Palace managed only 10th place in the Premiership & let's face it, the English players didn't achieve that position without help from their foreign team players. 

I'm not up on which foreign players play for Palace but I wonder how many of them will be playing at Euro 2024? 

If it was Southgate's premise to pick players in form, he might as well have raided Leicester & Ipswich to make up the squad. 

12 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Denmark are the highest ranked team in that league after England 21st in Europe.

just watched Turkey best match yet.

12 hours ago, ukdobby said:

Denmark are the highest ranked team in that league after England 21st in Europe.

just watched Turkey best match yet.

Agree, and goal of tournament contender- the first one, wow!