Who Do Wednesday Sign For Season 24/25?

14 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Billy Sharp was shown around Hillsborough and Middlewood one evening in 2007, terms were agreed and a contract was drawn up.

He was mere minutes away from signing for Wednesday when United called with an 11th hour deal and the rest is history.

Not according to the man himself.

"Then Sheffield Wednesday. And you know what, a small percentage of me thought ‘you know what, go and show Sheffield United what they’re missing’. But I met with Brian Laws and then said to my Dad straight away, ‘I’m not signing for them’.”

Sharp admits he had to let Mick McCarthy down as he’d originally agreed to join Wolves. However, he insisted McCarthy understood given it was Sheffield United who Sharp was picking over the Molineux club.

Just now, Alextopman said:

Not according to the man himself.

"Then Sheffield Wednesday. And you know what, a small percentage of me thought ‘you know what, go and show Sheffield United what they’re missing’. But I met with Brian Laws and then said to my Dad straight away, ‘I’m not signing for them’.”

Sharp admits he had to let Mick McCarthy down as he’d originally agreed to join Wolves. However, he insisted McCarthy understood given it was Sheffield United who Sharp was picking over the Molineux club.

I know for a fact it is 100% true.

He was shown around at Wednesday and was minutes away from signing when United swooped in instead.

I'm sure if you know me, you'd likely know how I can be absolutely certain on this. 😉

10 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

I'm sure if you know me, you'd likely know how I can be absolutely certain on this. 😉

How would we know when you've been here five minutes and you're just called 'Sheffield Forum'? How can you be so certain Sharp was minutes away from signing for Wednesday? As things stand I'm more inclined to believe the quote above from the horse's mouth.

1 minute ago, Vrsaljko said:

How would we know when you've been here five minutes and you're just called 'Sheffield Forum'? How can you be so certain Sharp was minutes away from signing for Wednesday? As things stand I'm more inclined to believe the quote above from the horse's mouth.

Hence why I said "If you know me, you'd know".

Many people on here do know who I am away from the Forum and what I've done in the past (and how I would be so certain of this fact).

Sharp originally didn't want it to get out how close he came to signing for Wednesday because he didn't want to taint his reputation with United fans, which was fair enough, so nobody has ever really spoken about it other than the cryptic stuff he himself has said (which conveniently leaves out lots of the detail).

16 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Many people on here do know who I am away from the Forum and what I've done in the past

What have you done in the past then to be so certain of what you're saying?

1 minute ago, bassett one said:

well top players make mistakes and go to the wrong club on a regular basis and billy sharpe made a mistake ,lets move on to today,because hes past it now anyway.

What mistake did he make?.

The first deal that needs to be sorted is keeping hold of the manager and his backroom staff, after that I think the rest will fall into place, Beadle, Poveda and Ugbo would also be worth pursuing in my opinion.