Snake Pass closed/ works at same time as Winnats/Woodhead

Is the Snake and Winnats still closed ?

An alternative route - when you get to Hope turn right and head towards Edale and Barber Booth, brings you out near the top of Winnats on the A625

I've been over Winatts twice today- there's no sign of whatever will/did close it. Open and flowing normally (well, as normally as it does flow- slowly and picking your way round the lambs!).

I drive over Ashopton Bridge everyday and the signs at the end of Snake pass say it's going to be closed for three weeks. Don't know about Winnets though.

Went down toward Snake Pass on Thursday past Ladybower - what a nightmare!

Any bikers heading that way today - take it easy. Nice layer of loose gravel from Strines turnoff down past Ladybower :gag: I'm guessing it'll be further up that Strines now if they were still working on it Friday. Don't want to hit that at 60+mph

Went down toward Snake Pass on Thursday past Ladybower - what a nightmare!

Any bikers heading that way today - take it easy. Nice layer of loose gravel from Strines turnoff down past Ladybower :gag: I'm guessing it'll be further up that Strines now if they were still working on it Friday. Don't want to hit that at 60+mph

Whats wrong with Woodhead?

Radio traffic reports suggests that the Snake will be open again from the 22nd July. I've been going over Winnats for a for a few days instead, at least it's a change of scenery I suppose.

I live on the more southely side of Sheffield and when I'm off Manchester way, its usually on its south side and I still find the Snake faster than the A6.

The A6 is just painfull. As much traffic through Stockport for a longer stretch to the M60 than at the Glossop bottleneck equivalent. Too many lorries on the A6 holding up queues of traffic populated by drivers who simply wont leave a gap in front of them to allow you to overtake.

Even near the start at owlers bar you always get stuck behind people wanting to do 40 mph in the 60 zones... and these people barely change speed going into the 30mph baslow etc towns. Just an annoying route populated by annoying drivers with no interest in making progress.

Winnets is probably better than the first stretch of A6 but only if you dont get stuck behind one of the many wanting to travel at 30mph down the entire NSL sections of Hathersage road.

The cat and fiddle is out past Buxton and no where near winnets or the snake.

came back from sheffield to wales this afternoon and had an awfull journey via hope,( no signs stating snake was closed until bamford!! THEN just before stockport, the whole road was closed for a soddin carnival!!!! got lost then finally made the motorway fraught and hot.......

buggers

i think it's closed until the 23rd