Snake Pass closed/ works at same time as Winnats/Woodhead

whys it closed?

resurfacing

Can you get access to the fairhomes area ? I was going to go for a drive around it today but it said it was closed except for access.

Just came down Winnats Pass today (Tuesday) road is open and no sign of any road works.

I have to go over late tonight to Manchester and was wondering if the re-surfacing has been completed. I know it says work is on for 11 days from the 11th July. Is it passable or due i have to go alternate routes.

wish they'd put a notice on the manchester side of glossop saying this - i was returning to sheff after being in l'pool for a few days, got all the way thru the traffic hell hole that is glossop, and encountered a blocked road

mmmmmmm - considerate

didn't notice any signs announcing the impending impedement on my way over there, either

It was open on Sunday when we went to pick my boyfriend's parents up from Manchester Airport.

no its still not open i work in glossop and drove home tonight at around 6.30 it was shut and it says it wont be open until the 22nd i would suggest using winnets instead i have gone a few different ways as i commute to glossop 6 days a week and i have found this to be the quickest route

'i would suggest using winnets instead i have gone a few different ways as i commute to glossop 6 days a week and i have found this to be the quickest route'

Yeh looks like old pott shrigley route via winnats pass. adds about 15 mins on for manchester airport. :gag: . Wish they'd get that dam road sorted fast.sigh:(

It was open on Sunday when we went to pick my boyfriend's parents up from Manchester Airport.

Really? I could have sworn it's not been opened at all. Are you sure it was the snake?

So is Winnets Pass open now?

There was a thread acouple of days ago saying both this and the snake were shut at once :loopy:

I think the notion of Winnat's being closed at the same time as Snake was some sort of urban myth- it was open on both occasions I've had to use it during the last couple of weeks, with no signs or whatever suggesting that there were roadworks going on there.

It was on local traffic reports on the radio today (Wednesday) that Snake will remain shut until the weekend, but it seems fair that with the resurfacing work being of the 'spray bitumin on the road surface and sprinkle with chippings' type, then when the workmen have gone home for the weekend the road can be opened safely with the machinery moved to a layby. It's not like there's a hole that people have to drive round or anything- maybe that accounts for someone using the road on Sunday, when it was definitely closed on both occasions I've been out there during the week.