Teachers can't apply sunscreen.

can i ask if people feel it is okay for nursery staff to apply suncream to a child under 4 in a nursery school... bearing in mind that they are often out in the sun for much longer than they are at school and that many of them are much too young to be taught how to do it themselves..

I do feel that it is acceptible to apply cream to under 4's in nursery and this was one of my points above although i feel that the over threes are probably able to rub in their own cream - definately under two's should have cream applied though - lets face it they can't change their own nappies so why would they be expected to apply their own cream? They can't do it, parents are absent and the needs of the child - every need of the child is left in the nurseries care - babies have to be handled the majority of the day so i can see no logic in refusing to apply cream when these babies are having their nappies removed and bottoms wiped including genitles by nursery staff - it's a pathetic rule in that situation. Any parent who objects to their baby having sun cream applied should not be placing their child in nursery - i think that its the nursery issue that's getting to most parents.

babs

And to reply to Angelus - the net has certainly broadcasted the amount of child abuse going on and it is clear now that there is far more of it about than was ever suspected - it offers paedophiles a much better picture, gives them a wider audience BUT it doesn't take away the fact that years back sex crimes towards children were any less - paedophiles got away with a lot more because they were unhunted - people didn't know that this sort of thing was going on - it was but it was largely unpoliced -

Unless you have some statistics and can get your head around the enormity of the problem back in the - well as far back as you can go really then you will have no idea on how big the problem was - now that paedophiles are more often caught - EXPOSED from under their dirty little rocks - the net a fine way to ctahc them i might add -

lets take gary Glitter for instance - how was he caught? he was caught after police found the evidence on his hard drive - do you think if those images hadn't been available he'd have ever gone to trial? That paedophile activity would have still been going on though - unfortunately glitter is now acting his cummy life on kids in another country but for the most perpetrators are caught and many due to the net.

Now that people are more aware and the police are more aware paedophiles are being caught - each time one is caught that's one less to worry children - the sex register is in place to protect children, schools are more aware in being able to detect children who are victims - the 00's are a much safer time to be in fro children than ever before. Oh ans screening of people working with children is in place - this wasn't there years ago and you could read all the time about this perv and that perv who was being arrested for child sex abuse - these people aren't finsing their way into working with kids so easily any more - they are still out there but they don't have the same access as they used to.

What you will see today and indeed over the past 15 years or so are a vast amount of women and men coming forwards and exposing their abuser - not all will go to court because of the time limits on prosecution which did stand at 15 years after the crime - thousands and thousands of children were abused by family members, step parents, vicars, teachers - you name it it was rife and they all got away with it for a long time - its not as easy anymore so children are safer today - not all together safe 'cause these paedophiles are very clever people.

I bet if every women on this forum was to ask all her friends over the age of say 25 if they had ever been abused in any manner that they would be surprised at the number that said they had - unfortunately its not the sort of question that people ask is it? It's not the sort of topic that's easily talked about without causing imense pain and its not the sort of topic that you can have on an every day basis. It is the sort of quastion that you should be asking your children though and making them aware of dangerous people.

There has never been as much in place for protecting children as there is today - sadly there will always be a problem but now it is more exposed and broadcasted and people are aware of the problem going on, children are safer, pervs are less likely to get way with it, more are in prison or being watched - communities are more aware who their local nonces are and can keep their kids safer -

there was none of that years ago and padophiles could just do it, no restrictions, no means of being caught and to be honest because it was such a taboo subject, too many people were not believed - bit like rape really, women were treated like the criminals - things are turning round slowly to place those victims in a better position and although the custodial sentences for perpetrators of rape and abuse victims is still very poor these women and children and indeed adult survivors of abuse are being listened to and things are in place to help prevent these serious crimes being committed - this was not the case years ago.

Unfortunately we will never know the full extent of the abuse victims out there from years ago - nor today, but when everyone considered it a safe time to allow their kids out to play freely - you were all wrong!! It was never safe, kids couldn't speak out, didn't speak out and had no one to listen - they do now. Its only considered not safe to allow your kids out now because we are all aware of the dirty ******** that there are out there.

You can think what you want to think but i assure you that you are wrong.

babs

Not being harsh towards you- and I hope you take this the right way seriously- I really dont care what happened to you at school :thumbsup:

This has nothing to do with teachers rubbing suncream on kids..

If were are talking about it though, did you press charges against this lad?

I agree that kids should be shown some kindness, and of course, if my child soiled themselves at school.. then fair enough but that school would have my permission first to do so to attend to my child.

Thats a whole different thing from a teacher again rubbing suncream into a childs body.

I would rather have a teacher rubbing suncream on my childs face arms and legs that rubbing excrement from their bottom and genitals.

Do they ask for permission to clean a child up if he has had an accident or do they leave him in soiled clothes until they have permission?

babs

can i ask if people feel it is okay for nursery staff to apply suncream to a child under 4 in a nursery school... bearing in mind that they are often out in the sun for much longer than they are at school and that many of them are much too young to be taught how to do it themselves..

Do you have the parents permission?

I would rather have a teacher rubbing suncream on my childs face arms and legs that rubbing excrement from their bottom and genitals.

Do they ask for permission to clean a child up if he has had an accident or do they leave him in soiled clothes until they have permission?

babs

I would hope my permission would have already been asked a long time ago when I entered my child into that facility.

Naturally if a child has soiled themselves- fair enough.

But this is suncream we are talking about- a teacher rubbing suncream onto a child.....

BUT it doesn't take away the fact that years back sex crimes towards children were any less

I think you will find my friends that sex crimes against kids have more than doubled since back in the 80's or the 90's... hence the 80's and 90's were safer than now.. maybe they were not totally safe sure, but it was a safer time for kids.

lets take gary Glitter for instance - how was he caught? he was caught after police found the evidence on his hard drive.

Lets get it right- no the police didnt.

Glitter took his laptop to PC World when it wasnt working, the guys at PC World found his stash when fixing the PC and dobbed him in- the police didnt know jack until PC World found those pictures.

the 00's are a much safer time to be in fro children than ever before. Oh ans screening of people working with children is in place

Two words for you- Soham Murders

Another two words, Ian Huntley and another two- Maxine Carr

Yep! I'd say were pretty safe now :roll:

its not as easy anymore so children are safer today

And I wonder why that is perhaps- maybe its diligent parents like myself warning my kids to be on their guard as danger could come from anywhere :o

Forewarned is forearmed mate!

But seeing as though I'm being ridiculed for trying to teach my children this i dont see why I should explain myself :roll:

It is the sort of quastion that you should be asking your children though and making them aware of dangerous people.

Sorted already :thumbsup:

bit like rape really, women were treated like the criminals - things are turning round slowly to place those victims in a better position and although the custodial sentences for perpetrators of rape and abuse victims is still very poor these women and children and indeed adult survivors of abuse are being listened to and things are in place to help prevent these serious crimes being committed

Sorry to say as well- the whole rape case system is still a massive farce.

I would dread any woman having to take the stand in court to relive the ordeal

Unfortunately we will never know the full extent of the abuse victims out there from years ago - nor today, but when everyone considered it a safe time to allow their kids out to play freely - you were all wrong!! It was never safe, kids couldn't speak out, didn't speak out and had no one to listen - they do now. Its only considered not safe to allow your kids out now because we are all aware of the dirty ******** that there are out there.

Again I will disagree :)

Back in the 80's and 90's as kids we could play out fine in local parks without grubby old men perving us up while we played as kids do.. nowadays, I would not let my kids out on their own in our back garden for fear of some weirdo snatching them which I keep seeing more and more of in the press.

One lass was snatched from her bath I believe.

None of this happened years ago mate- this is a dangerous time we live in now, more so now than ever before.. perverts roam the streets- even on here I've read lots of accounts of people seeing weirdo's around especially around parks, schools and play areas.

This might have happened years ago- but not to the extent is does today.

No chance.

You can think what you want to think but i assure you that you are wrong.

No offence to you- you sound like a nice person, but I think you are a little misguided especially in some of your comments you have made.

I am wrong about a lot of things definitely- when it comes to kids.. I cant afford to be wrong.

But we all have an opinion :hihi::

You're just living in some sort of twisted fantasy world.

Back in the 80's and 90's as kids we could play out fine in local parks without grubby old men perving us up while we played as kids do.. nowadays

what is that all about?

You are plain and simply just wrong about any increase in sex crimes against children.

There has been an increase in the profile of such cases, and following that may even have been an increase in the number of reported cases.

But nothing at all has changed in the underlying numbers.

and this???

Naturally if a child has soiled themselves- fair enough.

But this is suncream we are talking about

Do you have some personal sexual fetish about suncream or something? If not, then why the strange emphasis...

How many 3 year olds have you worked with?

Try this test; put your arm over the top of your head and touch your opposing earlobe tip. Easy isn't it?

Now try getting a three year old to do this, totally impossible. Their hand will touch the top of their scalp and go no further.

3 year olds would be unable to reach some body parts that required suncream, they are not physically developed enough to do a manual task like that yet, they also do not have the same memory capabilities as older children so will certainly not remember well enough what you taught them earlier in the day about regular application of suncream.

how many 3 year olds have you worked with.

squirt cream from designer sun lotion bottle or pour into hands.

make like having a wash on the face with 2 hands, then cross your arms holding you opposite shoulder then wipe your hands down your arms as though you were wiping paint or ketchup off.

result - face protected & arms protected.

piece of cake - exact method used saturday & sunday with a 3 year old & a 7 year old.

QUOTE]

forget them why not start with Brady & hindley -they did worse than the soham murderers - lots worse.

no internet ,no telephones.

Do you have the parents permission?
i am coming from the P.O.V of the parent and not the nursery.. they did aks me if it was okay to put suncream on her and did mention consent forms but i dont think i ever completed one.. didnt think twice about it though.. they have forms completed for putting other creams onto her and surely if they change their nappies everyday then suncream shouldnt be a major issue. im just struggling to see the difference between a baby or 2 year old having a bit of cream put on, and a 4 or 5 year old at school who also cant do it well enough for themselves.... i think it is probably fairly rare that kids at school will need it putting on anyways if the parents have done it.. they arent outside very long

QUOTE]

forget them why not start with Brady & hindley -they did worse than the soham murderers - lots worse.

no internet ,no telephones.

Exactly, its obvious there is more child sex crimes today....we had a peadophile live on the corner of our road and he was a teacher, they found his computer and it had images of children of up to 7 years old!!!!

This couldn't have happend in the older days as there wernt computers to do so!!!!!

Internet chat rooms, how many times have you heard about men posing as other little girls and trying to meet up with them???

It is very different now, to what it was back then.

(Sorry a little off the suncream subject but hey!!)