Last Night at Centerntertainment

Supertram, do not make me laugh in scorn. I would have to get a bus into town to get a supertram, £1.80 on worst bus on the 76 one way. then the cost of the tram. (2 adults and 2 children)

Why would I take public transport..... Like I said no decent public transport.

Supertram, do not make me laugh in scorn. I would have to get a bus into town to get a supertram, £1.80 on worst bus on the 76 one way. then the cost of the tram. (2 adults and 2 children)

I believe the idea of public transport is to serve the public as a whole... not to go from YOUR house to exactly where YOU want to go without in any way inconveniencing YOU!!! The issue here is not being able to rely on it, but the fact that you can't be bothered to use it.

I empathise though, I would certainly drive if I lived at the other side of Sheffield - I wouldn't however whinge like a baby when I go to see Pirates of the Carribean on its opening weekend at peak time and wonder at the fact that I can't find a space!!!

Bloody hell... some people are impossible!

There's plenty of free on-road parking only 5 minutes walk away from Centretainment.......unless of course that isn't near enough for you.

In terms of public transport, the yellow route tram stops at Centretainment's own tram stop, every 20 minutes until quite late.

QUOTE]

Not if you're coming from Rotherham it doesn't thanks to the Luddites in various transport action groups

no but the 69 stops near by or the 100 or get a train to m.hell and get tram from (or just drive to m hell and get tram)

nah, I'd rather drive thanks. That's what I've bought my car for. Raises me above the plebs on the buses.

;)

nah, I'd rather drive thanks. That's what I've bought my car for. Raises me above the plebs on the buses.

;)

I like riding on buses, you get to look down on the folk in cars getting all stressed, :)

No but you can buy a 'Travel Master' ticket that covers all buses and trams (and I think trains as well) - or alternatively if you get a stagecoach bus the ticket is valid on the tram as well.

I've seen a lot of comments from people on this thread saying things like "Sheffield has good transport links to centertainment"....

... DOES IT?????

It may be ok if you happen to live on the tram route, or on the couple of bus routes that go past, but in general it's a pig to get to.

I live in Swallownest - no where near the Supertram, and I don't know of a bus that goes there either.

I used to live in Handsworth - no where near the Supertram, and only 1 bus went anywhere near there, and that turned up if/when it felt like it!

I think the public transport in Sheffield is terrific. At least there are buses running to most places. And you can get around the city quite easily, you just may have to wait a while.

In the South-West, when staying at my folks there is only one bus a week to my grandmother's town.

I think the public transport in Sheffield is terrific. At least there are buses running to most places. And you can get around the city quite easily, you just may have to wait a while.

In the South-West, when staying at my folks there is only one bus a week to my grandmother's town.

I think the total opposite - I think transport in Sheffield is Horrendous!!!!

it's also very expensive! £2.20 to get to town from my house!!!

in London, any bus journey is Maximum £1.50!!!!! and the tube is fantastic!!

to say we are the 4th biggest city in UK, we are seriously lacking!!