Sign in to follow this  

Sheffield City Hall Is 'Uk's Favourite Venue' And '3rd In Europe'

IMG_3651.jpeg.62261d6d3e64c2d85a21b74cfae8a719.jpeg

Sheffield City Hall and Utilita Arena Sheffield are celebrating their best-ever performances in the latest European venue rankings for the live entertainment industry.

Sheffield City Hall is the UK’s favourite theatre, surpassing the likes of the Royal Albert Hall and York Barbican.  The City’s Grade II listed building was the highest UK theatre, achieving 3rd position in the European ranking of tickets sold, behind only Germany’s Mitsubishi Electric Halle and 3Olympia Theatre in Ireland.

Additionally, Utilita Arena Sheffield also secured an impressive ranking. As the UK’s 6th best arena, the venue operated by Sheffield City Trust has achieved its highest ever position after an outstanding year of world-class acts, such as Peter Kay, Gladiators, and Pulp coming to Sheffield.

https://www.sheffieldcityhall.co.uk/latest-news/sheffield-venues-shine-in-european-rankings

I'm all for banging the drum about when Sheffield gets things right, and having a go at the armchair whiners on here who constantly moan about Sheffield - but I'm suspicious of these polls. 

There's been plenty of them, and they've featured in some of the threads on this forum all either hailing some of Sheffield's features or bemoaning them - which is why I'm suspicious

I'm looking for the criteria by which venues are judged, and who judged them.

Edited by Mister M

Sheffield City Hall is an absolute gem of a place. We really should shout about it more. 

The Oval Hall is architecturally magnificent and has hosted some of the biggest names in entertainment for the last 90 years. 

The Ballroom and Memorial Hall are equally lovely. We’re truly fortunate to have such a venue in the city centre. Just imagine anyone building anything so beautiful these days.

• Like 4

On 23/02/2024 at 21:25, Prettytom said:

Sheffield City Hall is an absolute gem of a place. We really should shout about it more. 

The Oval Hall is architecturally magnificent and has hosted some of the biggest names in entertainment for the last 90 years. 

The Ballroom and Memorial Hall are equally lovely. We’re truly fortunate to have such a venue in the city centre. Just imagine anyone building anything so beautiful these days.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 23/02/2024 at 21:18, Mister M said:

I'm all for banging the drum about when Sheffield gets things right, and having a go at the armchair whiners on here who constantly moan about Sheffield - but I'm suspicious of these polls. 

There's been plenty of them, and they've featured in some of the threads on this forum all either hailing some of Sheffield's features or bemoaning them - which is why I'm suspicious

I'm looking for the criteria by which venues are judged, and who judged them.

This venue data is not from a poll/survey.
'Pollstar' monitor worldwide data on ticket sales, revenues etc. and publish regular charts.
Unfortunately, it requires subscription to access the data but occasionally images do arise.
Here is the image of the recent table that shows our arena at 23rd in Europe, based upon gross sales:
No alternative text description for this image

• Thanks 1

Here are "Top 50 Theatres" .... different from "Arenas":
No alternative text description for this image