What Is It About Sheffield Forum?

Why is it special?

I've been a member of many fora over many years but none hit the spot like SF does. Sure it's not perfect,  sure it gets a bit dull at times and yes, way too many people seem to think it's fine to insult other posters for whatever reason takes their fancy.  In fact on more than one occasion I've considered having my account terminated for all those reasons but the draw of Sheffield Forum is inexplicably strong.

So what Is it about Sheffield Forum?

Why is it special?

Your thoughts?

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Why is it special?

I've been a member of many fora over many years but none hit the spot like SF does. Sure it's not perfect,  sure it gets a bit dull at times and yes, way too many people seem to think it's fine to insult other posters for whatever reason takes their fancy.  In fact on more than one occasion I've considered having my account terminated for all those reasons but the draw of Sheffield Forum is inexplicably strong.

Why is it special?

Your thoughts?

You're special . 

It's not a single issue forum so there are a wide spectrum of topics discussed

Just now, Mister M said:

It's not a single issue forum so there are a wide spectrum of topics discussed

That's actually a pretty good point. Most of the others I use are single subject fora, maybe that's why they don't hold my interest as much? 

Having said that I seem to have a fondness for  Sheffield Forum that I don't have for any other. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's actually a pretty good point. Most of the others I use are single subject fora, maybe that's why they don't hold my interest as much? 

Having said that I seem to have a fondness for  Sheffield Forum that I don't have for any other. 

Must the people who use this forum that keeps drawing you back ;)

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Must the people who use this forum that keeps drawing you back ;)

🤣Yeah, that must be it 🤣

I’ve never been a member of any other forum so cannot compare them with this one. Some nights it’s boring especially when posters are arguing and being rude.However when a group of them start posting comical and hilarious posts it’s on top form !  So , it’s the posters themselves who create an interesting and funny forum. Just hope we can keep them posting on here !

• Like 1

Some of us are incredibly good looking  😀

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Why is it special?

Why is it special?

Your thoughts?

Well we do have some very intelligent posters on here such as your good self,  ecco noob,  axe and Mister M,  Annie,  Anna, and Hecate to name a few,  unfortunately we

have to have the other end of the spectrum - that's life.

It's special because it has so many members,  and,  so many who view the forum,  a lot of them don't post though.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cressida said:

Well we do have some very intelligent posters on here such as your good self,  ecco noob,  axe and Mister M,  Annie,  Anna, and Hecate to name a few,  unfortunately we

have to have the other end of the spectrum - that's life.

It's special because it has so many members,  and,  so many who view the forum,  a lot of them don't post though.

I agree with all those posters' names you've quoted Cressida. I joined SF in 2005 when I started doing my family history. I read the posts several times daily but, I rarely post because of the rather insulting and childish behaviour of some posters. I love the humour, it's typically Sheffield and I admire posters such as Padders who can not only find comfort by posting but, also do it with humour. 

I think SF has improved this last few weeks, just a pity about the usual childish insults, there's one in every class of schoolkids. 

Regards

Duffems 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well there are Tories v Labour, Utd v Wednesday, Muslims v Christians & Jews, Gays v Straights, Area v Area, etc, etc. All this without the risk of a smack in the mouth, happy days.

😉