Caption Competition.

On 14/02/2024 at 11:45, Alextopman said:

Here you are.

May be an image of 1 person, heart and text that says 'Thank you for keeping me around even though I'm useless and weird. TO: S.W.F.C FROM: FROM:Chumpsi'

Look into my eyes.  Don't look round my eyes; look deep into them. 

You will hand all your money to me. 

10 hours ago, Monkesreturn said:

Sheffield forum now condoning public discrimination and humiliation of those with speech impediments.

🙄🙄🙄 oh dear!

The ‘forum’ absolutely does not condone any discrimination.

To imply that is nonsensical and silly.

A few points on this:

As stated in the terms of use, users are responsible for their own content posted. Nothing posted on the forum is necessarily the views of Sheffield Forum.

Also, as stated multiple times across the site, the forum is not actively monitored and I can’t see or moderate each and every post on each and every thread. I rely on user reports to help see lots of things I wouldn’t normally see (thank you to those who do send reports). For clarity, I didn’t actually see this until you said something.

This method is not unlike most other forums or social media.

On the specific point of Roy Hodgson, the way he speaks is called “rhotacism”.

“Although Hodgson's way of speaking has been widely described as an "impediment", Claire Mitchell, speech and language therapist, points out that "rhotacism" is not classed as an impairment. Instead, it's merely a variation in use of "r". “

It certainly isn’t currently considered a disability or a protected characteristic.

But, for this specific case, it is worth seeing what the man himself thinks about it:

“Hodgson added that he took it all in good humour and blasted 'sensitive' souls who believe those kind of jokes have no place in football.

“He said: "I don't think anything's cruel - if you're so sensitive these days that you see cruelty everywhere, unfortunately every time a comedian comes on television, you're going to accuse him of cruelty, because that's the kind of humour that the English people enjoy."

On 13/02/2024 at 23:32, hackey lad said:

It’s great being in the best league in the world, int it  Roy . 

I'm not being funny here Hackey, but I genuinely believe that The Championship is the best League in the World.

Anyone can win it (except for us 😄) and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to watch it (except for us).

The players are reasonably priced and the competition is entertaining and combative.

If the 'Big 6' in the Premier League bogged off to a European Super League, then maybe The Prem would become the best League in the World, but, IMO, it isn't.

• Like 2