9 minutes ago, echo beach said:

The Luton player’s hand interfered with a header that was goal bound and the player was facing the ball.

He wasn't facing the ball. He had his back to it when Vini Souza headed the ball into him from a yard away.

Screenshot-2024-02-11-174151.png

9 minutes ago, Hopman said:

Is there any reason why a referee, after looking at the monitor, can use his common sense and suggest the VAR is misguided?

Cowardice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

He wasn't facing the ball. He had his back to it when Vini Souza headed the ball into him from a yard away.

Screenshot-2024-02-11-174151.png

Cowardice.

Well in that snap shot he looks like he’s facing the ball but then again perhaps I need to go to Specsavers!😃

echo.

21 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Well in that snap shot he looks like he’s facing the ball but then again perhaps I need to go to Specsavers!😃

echo.

You can see the number on the back of his shirt. The ball went over his head and it was headed onto him from behind.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

What a surprise he didn't see the United one.

I’m amazed he didn’t see it.

He watches every Blades game with incredible devotion.

56 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The penalty we got was soft, the penalty they got was ridiculous.

Agreed.

Just more VAR ****e.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PapaLazarou said:

I’m amazed he didn’t see it.

He watches every Blades game with incredible devotion.

Well he has been known for being economical with the truth quite a lot.

50 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

No, according to them on MOTD this morning.  The match ref has the final say but in the Luton v Blades game, having given one dubious penalty, maybe he thought he needed to balance things up?

They suggested that why he did it during the live commentary.

What a farce.

1 hour ago, Hopman said:

Is there any reason why a referee, after looking at the monitor, can use his common sense and suggest the VAR is misguided?

Probably but why would they when they can put it all on VAR rather than getting blamed. I've not seen either decisions in the blades game but any handball resulting in a penalty is ridiculous.

Same as sin bins for that matter.

13 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Probably but why would they when they can put it all on VAR rather than getting blamed. I've not seen either decisions in the blades game but any handball resulting in a penalty is ridiculous.

Same as sin bins for that matter.

It was never intended that the off-side ruling be an art form, just the honest opinion of two match officials. The eternity that a VAR decision can take shows that it isn’t definitive, and in many cases correct. I fear that it, or something similar, is hear to stay, thus diminishing what is left of trust in the match officials. :loopy:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

It was never intended that the off-side ruling be an art form, just the honest opinion of two match officials. The eternity that a VAR decision can take shows that it isn’t definitive, and in many cases correct. I fear that it, or something similar, is hear to stay, thus diminishing what is left of trust in the match officials. :loopy:

Totally agree. IF, and it's a BIG if,  VAR is called on, the match Referee and ONLY the match Referee, should look at the pitch side monitor, in real speed, from all available angles, ONCE, and make their decision immediately. If they need multiple viewings, they didn't make a 'clear and obvious mistake' in the first place. Should take 20 seconds from the Video rolling and the Ref making a decision.

Edited by Hotmale 1954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/02/2024 at 16:14, Ronson said:

I’d go along with most of that but for me you also have to look at if the offender got a definite advantage from the hand ball. The Luton one looked harsh yesterday. Didn’t see the united one but it sounded similar.

You didn't see it you say,

Well how come you Kpnuts2 posted about it during the match saying what you thought a about it?.

Tut tut.