Blue Cards In Football.

The idea of blue cards in football & introducing a '10 minute sin bin'.  What do you reckon? 

The football authorities look as they as they are considering it but the Premiership & their managers don't look happy about adopting any such measures. 

Initially it's going to be there for the likes of 'cynical' fouls'; shirt pulling & referee dissent where players have to leave the pitch for a 10 min period. 

Great idea as far as I'm concerned, (I'd chuck in time wasting, even goal keepers time wasting.  You can bring  a reserve keeper for the 10 mins if you like. 

It's an absolute nonsense and they need to stop messing with the game. Football worked perfectly fine for 100 years before they started messing with the rules constantly for no reason. It's just going to open yet another can of worms too. They say these blue cards will be used for 'cynical fouls', yet you know there will be idential incidents during the same weekend where one results in a blue card and the other doesn't.

• Like 1

I was at a match recently where a player was sin-binned by the referee. In my opinion anything which makes it easier to understand what's happening is a good thing. (Though the referee should not have disallowed the 'goal').

18 minutes ago, Vrsaljko said:

It's an absolute nonsense and they need to stop messing with the game. Football worked perfectly fine for 100 years before they started messing with the rules constantly for no reason. It's just going to open yet another can of worms too. They say these blue cards will be used for 'cynical fouls', yet you know there will be idential incidents during the same weekend where one results in a blue card and the other doesn't.

Totally agree with yer.

I don't follow football at all (I'm from Scotland) but as you say worked well for the last 100 years.

Sin Bin American nonsense.  

• Like 1

I can see Blue cards  helping out referees bottling out giving Red cards at the Bigger Clubs.

Don't see any harm in giving it a try. The overpaid gob****es might learn something if they have to behave. Anything that makes the ref's job easier is fine by me.

I'd bring back the '4 steps for goalkeepers' rule too. That cut out a lot of messing about.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

The idea of blue cards in football & introducing a '10 minute sin bin'.  What do you reckon? 

The football authorities look as they as they are considering it but the Premiership & their managers don't look happy about adopting any such measures. 

Initially it's going to be there for the likes of 'cynical' fouls'; shirt pulling & referee dissent where players have to leave the pitch for a 10 min period. 

Great idea as far as I'm concerned, (I'd chuck in time wasting, even goal keepers time wasting.  You can bring  a reserve keeper for the 10 mins if you like. 

Well, if we have to have them at least put some white stripes on them.

I think they should introduce pink cards for those players who wear Alice bands in their hair.

Then as the match progressed and their hair became unmanageable they could be given 10 minutes out to get it sorted!😃

echo.

If they refer their issue to VAR matches will last for circa 2 hours.

Just booked Bournemouth away, £65 hotel. £94 travel, £30 match ticket.

• Like 1