Memories Of Sheffield Forum

44 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

I joined in 2005 when doing my family history and although I didn't post frequently I enjoyed reading : Rossyrooney, Denlin, Jabberwocky, Alcoblog, Mr Bloke, Padders, Me and Peepo etc. all very light-hearted and no sniping at each other.

I was banned after I'd posted regarding my mother who was 94 at the time being unable to get a Covid jab, I didn't name names, what was that all about? 

I still enjoy reading posts by The Daddy and Padders of course. 

Regards, 

Duffems 

Hmmm... :huh:

Thanks very much for that, Duffems - my flabber has never been so gasted! :thumbsup:

To get a mention alongside such forum greats as Alcoblog and our own esteemed Mr Padders is indeed a great honour.

It's nice to know that my time here has not been totally wasted... :hihi:

• Like 1

Here are some very familiar names from the past, sorted by post count

A few duplicates there, plus some I didn't expect to see on a list of the banned (HeadingNorth, Babychickens, Ann*, for example).  Perhaps that's what used to happen on occasion when someone asked for their account to be closed.

Given the ban amnesty introduced when the last owners took over, would anyone like to own up to their previous incarnations?

47 minutes ago, Hecate said:

A few duplicates there, plus some I didn't expect to see on a list of the banned (HeadingNorth, Babychickens, Ann*, for example).  Perhaps that's what used to happen on occasion when someone asked for their account to be closed.

Given the ban amnesty introduced when the last owners took over, would anyone like to own up to their previous incarnations?

Neepsend Lane was me at one time , Soon got rumbled by the people who's hobby is rumbling .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

Is that just a list of banned users? Jack Grey is on there, I dont recall him getting banned.

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Oh, and my old username is on there within the first few pages, which is nice to see.

I counted 6 of mine in the first dozen or so pages then the traffic lights turned green so I had to stop looking. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Is that just a list of banned users? Jack Grey is on there, I dont recall him getting banned.

You missed that? He called someone a nonce quite a few times. I liked Jack. Some of his posts were dead funny. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1