Memories Of Sheffield Forum

2 minutes ago, zach said:

It used to be very busy with some very basic questions on how to do things on an OS to very complex questions. People weren't put off to give their best advice. Now the section just seems to have died to to lack of interest, or fed up with the know it alls that can't or won't admit if someone has a better idea.

It was a fantastic resource back in the day. @Ghozer and the guys helped me out more times than I can remember. It's a shame it's not even a shell of its former self.

Basil Rathbone, Alchoblog, Plain Talking, and various others, along with drinking beer with Mort.
Healthy, largely respectful, debate, without folk resorting to personal abuse (most of the time)

i.e. attack the argument, not the person posting it.

• Like 1

I joined in 2005 when doing my family history and although I didn't post frequently I enjoyed reading : Rossyrooney, Denlin, Jabberwocky, Alcoblog, Mr Bloke, Padders, Me and Peepo etc. all very light-hearted and no sniping at each other.

I was banned after I'd posted regarding my mother who was 94 at the time being unable to get a Covid jab, I didn't name names, what was that all about? 

I still enjoy reading posts by The Daddy and Padders of course. 

Regards, 

Duffems 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DUFFEMS said:

I joined in 2005 when doing my family history and although I didn't post frequently I enjoyed reading : Rossyrooney, Denlin, Jabberwocky, Alcoblog, Mr Bloke, Padders, Me and Peepo etc. all very light-hearted and no sniping at each other.

I was banned after I'd posted regarding my mother who was 94 at the time being unable to get a Covid jab, I didn't name names, what was that all about? 

I still enjoy reading posts by The Daddy and Padders of course. 

Regards, 

Duffems 

Why on earth would you be banned just for saying that?