Moving house - How long now?

Not to put a dampener on things, but I had my offer accepted on a house last August and I am only completing and hence getting the keys this Wednesday - almost a year later.

I was ready to move in less than 6 weeks after the offer was accepted, but the vendors mucked around with their purchase(s) - they pulled out twice and were very picky about all sorts!

It can be a very long and drawn out process i'm afraid.

I hope it goes alot quicker for you than it did for me!

Roll on Wednesday - I'm so excited - I'm even looking forward to going in and cleaning it!

I'm looking at almost 8 months from start to finish, should of been a pretty simple purchase on paper with only a chain of 2. Doesn't always work that way though.

We have have just moved - we were first time buyers and the property was empty - still took 12 weeks owing to idiots along the way! So just shows you a relatively simple one can take its time. From my experience just go with the flow and try not to stress and make sure the deeds are ok and see if you can get copies of your neighbours deeds - I found a lot out by looking at those!

Good luck!

We had offer excepted at the beggining of March we are still waiting for things to progress, it's a really frustrating process we hoped to be in for the summer, and still we are no closer to getting a date!

Thanks again to all who have contributed to this thread.

I am pleased to say we have now signed contracts and are looking at just under a couple of weeks before we move! Assuming it goes ahead (and I see no reason why not), it will have been 7 weeks in all (from putting in the offer).

Not bad, pleasant experiences along the way and relatively hassle free ... this time!

Cheers!

Sorry to hear about your experience. We have just managed to move, after 2 months. They say moving home  is one of the most stressful things, but i didn't realize it was because of all the legal stuff and not the actual move from A to B!

1 hour ago, JAdams said:

Sorry to hear about your experience. We have just managed to move, after 2 months. They say moving home  is one of the most stressful things, but i didn't realize it was because of all the legal stuff and not the actual move from A to B!

They might not remember it now, given it was 14 years ago to the day...