Jump to content

Fancy A Cuppa In The Town Hall?

Recommended Posts

Nice idea from Central Sheffield Local Area Committee here:

 

IMG_3497.thumb.jpeg.714afcfe9234554e5c7bfd9225036fa6.jpeg

 

️Town Hall Welcome Place!

 

Need a friendly place to unwind? Come enjoy a cup of tea & discover support services. From food assistance to financial guidance, health resources to volunteering opportunities, we're here to help!”

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, deejayone said:

Nice idea from Central Sheffield Local Area Committee here:

 

IMG_3497.thumb.jpeg.714afcfe9234554e5c7bfd9225036fa6.jpeg

 

️Town Hall Welcome Place!

 

Need a friendly place to unwind? Come enjoy a cup of tea & discover support services. From food assistance to financial guidance, health resources to volunteering opportunities, we're here to help!”

I would rather go in Padders Bar. :hihi:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has it moved from the Sheffield Market then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weren't people once able to get food & drink in the old 'Egg box'? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There ought to be a cafe (preferably subsidised) in the town hall that anyone can use. 

The town hall should be a place of the people. A few councillors might care to drop in too and mingle...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/02/2024 at 07:33, SheffieldForum said:

Nice idea from Central Sheffield Local Area Committee here:

 

IMG_3497.thumb.jpeg.714afcfe9234554e5c7bfd9225036fa6.jpeg

 

️Town Hall Welcome Place!

 

Need a friendly place to unwind? Come enjoy a cup of tea & discover support services. From food assistance to financial guidance, health resources to volunteering opportunities, we're here to help!”

I'd rather they just reopened the town hall toilets, to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have we any idea who is doing the catering for this in the Town Hall?

Just asking like!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I'd rather they just reopened the town hall toilets, to be honest.

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/02/2024 at 11:36, Baron99 said:

Weren't people once able to get food & drink in the old 'Egg box'? 

Yep!

There was a small cafe downstairs. And a staff canteen which members of the public could use. I did in the 1990s. I was part of a voluntary group that was situated in the egg box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I'd rather they just reopened the town hall toilets, to be honest.

As they will be serving food and drink inside the premises, is it not a requirement that toilet/hand washing facilities are available? This is a genuine ask, not a wind up aimed at anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Meltman said:

As they will be serving food and drink inside the premises, is it not a requirement that toilet/hand washing facilities are available? This is a genuine ask, not a wind up aimed at anyone. 

Only if they are serving alcohol. 🙂 If wine is being poured, count me in!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Have we any idea who is doing the catering for this in the Town Hall?

Just asking like!

They know where I am if they need me!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.