Tramlines Festival 2024

So a D-list line up so far then 

• Like 2

I know Snow Patrol are more current(ish)….

But wouldn’t it have been more of a night if the Human League has been the closing act?

Not a blockbuster line-up on any night, by any stretch.

• Like 6

Sophie Ellis Bextor 😑 . Thought it was a music festival . Sorry I'm washing my hair that day .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Friday and Sunday not too bad.  Would've liked to have seen Milburn doing a session on one of the nights. 

For me, the best bands are in no particular order 

Paolo Nutini, Bombay Bicycle Club, Maximo Park,  Magic Gang, Human League, Charlatans and Miles Kane.  SEB might be ok for a cheeky dance too.

If the weather turns out alreet, it'll  be a good weekend. 

No weekend tickets up for resale on twickets atm...

8 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Sophie Ellis Bextor 😑 . Thought it was a music festival . Sorry I'm washing my hair that day .

I think it's cos Saltburn has got murder on the dance floor playing again.

I thought they weren’t going to have it anymore because of the mess and mud that occurred last year ?

4 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I thought they weren’t going to have it anymore because of the mess and mud that occurred last year ?

On the contrary, it has just been secured at Hillsborough Park for another 5 years, with assurances any weather issues will be dealt with more promptly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deejayone said:

On the contrary, it has just been secured at Hillsborough Park for another 5 years, with assurances any weather issues will be dealt with more promptly.

Oh dear. Just hope we have a dry July. ! 

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

No, they just went and got a sub-par lineup so there won't be the same number of people tramping through the park this time round.

• Like 1

The line up seems fine to me.  It isn’t a ‘blow my mind’ kind of line up, but being realistic it is still a small urban festival  with decent ish ticket prices (I’ve been to gigs that cost more for one evening than a full weekend at Tramlines).

I don’t think they can cater every act to everybody, but it is a good broad effort and the ticket value is still great.

Paulo Nutini or Snow Patrol would command a minimum of £50 for tickets to a headline show on most occasions by themselves, so ~£130 for a weekend ticket to see all of these acts (and more to be announced) is a decent bargain.

Likewise, The Human League doing a headline show in Sheffield would be ~£50 on its own nowadays.

Sophie Ellis Bextor was hugely popular the last time she performed and a real surprise hit for many — and the renewed interest in her with younger people because of Saltburn will be a good pull factor.

And the likes of Maximo Park, Bombay Bicycle Club, Tom Grennan, Annie Mac, et al, are excellent live acts.

It is one of those where I think whatever the line up is announced people will initially complain, but it will still sell out and people will still go and really enjoy it then buy the early bird tickets without seeing next years’ line up again.

• Like 2

not exactly Glastenbury is it ? but its not bad ,some old bands there as well,but its cheap and cheerfull ,re-weather SCC not bothered just take the rent from them and the funfair man.