A black cat crossed my path, lucky/unlucky??

Whilst walking to work this morning, a little black cat crossed my path, t'was a cute little thing. I smiled to myself and kept walking. I am quite supersticious and thought this was a sign that good luck was coming my way (its about time!).... however when i got to work and told people they all said that its bad luck!! whats the story? i want good luck...

Whilst walking to work this morning, a little black cat crossed my path, t'was a cute little thing. I smiled to myself and kept walking. I am quite supersticious and thought this was a sign that good luck was coming my way (its about time!).... however when i got to work and told people they all said that its bad luck!! whats the story? i want good luck...

Luck is what you make it lauramuz...decide for yourself that it was lucky, believe it and have a lovely day.:)

You are correct... im gonna have a great day, and a great weekend too :)

full of GOOD luck

The Yanks of course, would say its bad luck...

The superstition about black cats depends on the country and the culture. There's more information about it here.

I'd say that if a black cat deigns to cross your path, then it's good luck. Even more so if you pick him up and give him a cuddle :) .

the bad luck bit come from years ago , people associated black cats with Witches so where ever there was a black cat there must be a Witch near by , and as we know long ago Witches were thought of as evil nasty creatures.

but we're not, we are lovely caring people.. *most of us*. So its very lucky to have a black cat walk past you :hihi: ( specially if it looks you in the eyes :thumbsup: )

to busy watching telly and not typing, that was a lovly link hecate :)

It looked me right in the eye Litha... arent i a lucky girl :P

I have always looked upon black cats as being lucky and have even waited to allow one to pass in front of me on occasions.

Strangely enough though, reading this thread has reminded me of something that happened last week-end.

Coming out of my local Sainsbury's last Sunday, walking up the path towards the road, my toe sort of dug in and tripped me up, I did one of those little runs where you have no control and are just taken on until you either stop and regain your balance or fall onto the floor. I tried to fall but couldn't, realising that I was very close to the road and seeing the zebra crossing getting nearer and nearer.

I came to a stop on the second white block of the crossing and by some miracle, the road was empty. This is normally a very busy one and when I got home I started to shake thinking just how very lucky I had been. If it had been a week-day or if there had been any cars approaching that crossing I would have amost certainly collided with one.

Reading this, I remembered that on my way out that morning, a black cat had been walking along our wall and I said "hello puss". We dont see many cats or dogs come to that here, not off lead anyway and it just flashed into my mind. So YES on that occasion, for me, definitely a LUCKY BLACK CAT.:thumbsup:

A black cat crossed my path once and it was unlucky

for the Cat as I was driving a steam roller like. :hihi:

I have just let a white cat out of my garage that must have got in there yesterday and has been there for about 24 hours. Is this good luck or bad? Obviously I know it was bad luck for the cat, although I have now let it out so maybe not, I could have been about to go on holiday for a fortnight.

OMG me too - run in front of the car and i managed to slow so as not to hit it - just happend a few hours ago - neeenaanoonoo.

then again it might have had some white that i couldn't see - phew.

babs

just read the witch post - i have been called a witch for years so .........

babs