Advice about dog "weeing"

to do it at 5 years??. would certainly check with your vet that its not a medical problem first off. If thats all clear, it could be an attention or territory action. clean the offending spot well with an enzyme cleaner to remove the scent then if it was one of mine, i would use a crate. It might stress out your dog if shes not used to one (ours have been raised with and accept them). wether to have the crate up or down stairs is your choice (our personal choice is the dogs sleep upstairs with us). but my experience with crates has been pretty good and fast, dogs hate soiling their sleeping area. dont forget to reward for a good result.

I would definitely get your doggy checked out at the vet, my last dog did this and it turned out to be a hormonal imbalance, easily treated with drops, my present dog started doing it and i assumed it was the same (both bitches who had been spayed) how wrong i was, the vet tried the drops first and when they didn`t work did some blood tests, it turned out she has liver problems. She had 3 courses of tablets and has a completely different diet and now she`s fine. I just keep an extra close eye on her now.:)

UPDATE

Meg has not had a wee during the night now since 10 July.

Thanks to everybody.

Meg now sleeps in the downstairs toilet - in her usual basket that fits

in nicely - with some more room to spare - the door is wedged open - and she sleeps soundly. This I suppose is similar to the crate idea.

Everbody happy

Thanks to all:thumbsup:

I'm so glad Meg is happy now :)

See? People think I'm cruel when I say Brude is crated :(

*goes to check on hairy person*

He's in his cage :suspect: with one chop hanging out of the door :rolleyes:

I don't think you are cruel Strix for crating Brude, my dog is crated at times too and it doesn't do her any harm.

The crate works particularly well in the car, as we can flatten the back seat and give him better access to the air con :thumbsup:

Our air conditioning is the windows being open :hihi: