Advice about dog "weeing"

Hi

We have a westie - she is five years old.

Recently she has started weeing during the night.

She sleeps in the kitchen - she goes outside before she goes to bed - but wees nearly every night - in the same place in the kitchen.

Has anybody got any ideas

Thanks

Awwwwww take her into the bedroom she might be missing u (my westie sleeps in bed with me)she could be peeing in protest mine does that if he REALLY wants too come with us and for whatever reason he cant .. Could be something thats frightened her or maybe a urine infection :)

could be incontinence or poor control of the sphincter muscles. the vet can prescribed a liquid that u add to meals.

it was extremely successful with our dog who used to pee whilst he was asleep or just waking up.it is more sccessful with bitches but it saved me a fortune in cleaning liquids.

how much water does she drink ? has she ever done this when left during the day?

If you think theres an underlying problem the vet is the best person to help you.

If you don't have a vet i can recommend Peak vets in Woodseats.

I hope all is sorted quickly for you

Awwwwww take her into the bedroom she might be missing u (my westie sleeps in bed with me)she could be peeing in protest mine does that if he REALLY wants too come with us and for whatever reason he cant .. Could be something thats frightened her or maybe a urine infection :)

Don't take her into the bedroom whether she misses you or not, otherwise she will wee for everything she wants.

Just be patient, clean it up and don't make it an issue.

If you shout at her, you are doing what she is after. Attention.

You could try crating her overnight as dogs rarely soil their beds

Don't take her into the bedroom whether she misses you or not.

Aint i the bad woofer owner :D lol

nooooooo i have mine in bed with me !! in between me and hubby along with the 2 cats , i have always had my dogs with me , if anyone broke in thats a good deterant

Before this descends into an 'in our bed or not' debate.....

(and it's best to stick to what the dog is used to)

Crating is a good idea - to find out whether it's an 'I can't help it' or if it's 'I want attention' problem.

If something has disturbed her/frightened her whilst she has been left in the kitchen alone (you never know, she may have seen off a burglar in your absence) this would be a territory marking excercise.

How old is she? Could it be an incontinence thing related to age? (Ignore that, just noticed you said she's 5, so that shouldn't be the problem)

I would check with the vet that it isn't related to a urinary infection first though.

Thank you to all who have replied to my post - all most helpful - you can always rely on the SF

:thumbsup::)

my mother-in-laws dog .... who stays with me often started with the same problem, it was a urine infection, a dose of antibiotics from the vet soon put a stop to it

________

VAPORMATIC

Edited by pinklady

we have a westie and he used to do this too. I left his water down until 6.30 pm and then removed it, before I went to bed I put 5 ice cubes in his bowl that way if he wanted a drink he could have one but he had to wait until the ice had melted that way he didn't have to to hold too much or for too long.

It cured him, he doesn't do it any more.