The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

Not much...vegetarians are stuffed as well as they have a very relaxed attitude to labelling the dishes that don't contain meat.:gag:

PLEASE AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL three chinese buffets are bad but this one is the WORST out of all of them!!!

not good for fussy eaters either! nothing there to choose from!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Thanks for the info guys, think I will give it a miss! x

Originally posted by lala69

the new one on west street....

anyone been? wots it like????

i took our young,n for her birthday last night,i was very impressed very clean,excellent food,unlimited soft drinks and even though it was busy we were seated within minuets (unlike the jumbo) we ate plenty and it was just under 20 quid.........very good place:thumbsup:

I went last week out of curiosity. Not overly impressed, nothing major happened to me but a few littel things were annoying.

1. When asked about a drink, I found that the person wasn't allowed to take a drink order!!!???!!

2. Then a qualified individual arrived 5 mins later when I was already eating. I ordered coke, no coke she said, so i went for Sprite.

3. Eventually again an empty glass was plonked on my table and I was told to fill it myself at the machine. Now that I don't mind, I am in a buffet, i can get free top ups. But why, when I am eating, bring me an empty glass? Would it be too much to bring me a full glass. Otherwise why ask me what I want ?!!?!?

Up I got again and got my drink. My already luke warm food, got even colder.

When i used the toilets, I found that the hand driers didn't work and there were no towel alternitives, not very good for a restaurant, especially a buffet type, very unhygenic.

Then whilst I was trying to pay, some guy in front of me asked for a reciept, bet he wished he never had. He rightly asked for one at the beginning of the transaction, the muppet behind the till, ignored this request, then when he was asked again at the end, it was as if he had asked for the square root of 635.95. Others had to be dratfed in to find the reciept button. It was found eventually, but it nicely rounded off my small collection of noticeable annoyances.

Needless to say, I will not be going back there. How difficult can it bee to run a buffet !!! Come on people, get e grip!

Sam

suppose i must be one of then non fussy easily pleased types:)

Originally posted by SlinkyMinky

Then whilst I was trying to pay, some guy in front of me asked for a reciept, bet he wished he never had. He rightly asked for one at the beginning of the transaction, the muppet behind the till, ignored this request, then when he was asked again at the end, it was as if he had asked for the square root of 635.95. Others had to be dratfed in to find the reciept button. It was found eventually, but it nicely rounded off my small collection of noticeable annoyances.

They seem to have trouble with the till - when we went, four people had had exactly the same (a meal and a soft drink) and we wanted to pay seperatly. This should have been a simple request but it took three members of staff, two calculators, a sheet of paper and a pencil to work out how much we each owed. Thank goodness we didn't ask for reciepts too :|

I noticed them advertising in the Star - they want people to hold their Christmas parties there. Not likely :help:

Originally posted by Andy

They seem to have trouble with the till - when we went, four people had had exactly the same (a meal and a soft drink) and we wanted to pay seperatly. This should have been a simple request but it took three members of staff, two calculators, a sheet of paper and a pencil to work out how much we each owed. Thank goodness we didn't ask for reciepts too :|

I noticed them advertising in the Star - they want people to hold their Christmas parties there. Not likely :help:

surley if 3 people all had the same meal you could have worked it out yourself........:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: bill divided by 3.......:)

Originally posted by kirky

surley if 3 people all had the same meal you could have worked it out yourself........:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: bill divided by 3.......:)

2 of the people were paying by card ;)

Originally posted by Andy

2 of the people were paying by card ;)

6.60 by card:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I thought it was nice, but as far as food goes I'm easily pleased. You get what you pay for, innit.