The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

Hi we have been to Jumbo's it good but I always think the food could be a bit hotter. Go to Wokmania instead on West Street, just as good but you get top ups on soft drinks which makes your bill cheaper than Jumbo's when you take drinks into consideration.

yum Jumbos is fab!!!! As much as ya can eat yum yum yum!

so have there been any notable improvements over the last few months? I have not dared to go in due to all of these posts but maybe it has started to improve?.........

I went when it first opened, didn't really like it, the food was pretty greasy and they charge gratuity...plus there was a massive group of us and one of my friends was told she wasn't allowed to sit with us if she wasnt eating, this was incase she ate some of our food...she ended up asking them to watch her to prove she wasnt going to eat anything!! No1 is far better!

I went when it first opened, didn't really like it, the food was pretty greasy and they charge gratuity...plus there was a massive group of us and one of my friends was told she wasn't allowed to sit with us if she wasnt eating, this was incase she ate some of our food...she ended up asking them to watch her to prove she wasnt going to eat anything!! No1 is far better!

cheers RAR but I read through the whole thread hence why I was asking of peoples opinions lately, it may, hopefully have changed since your rather distrubing visit when they first opened.

ohh, i wasn't replying to your question!! :hihi: i was replying to the original one!!

Its really good value. Some of the food was a bit dry - but that is to be expected. I went at a dinner time, and it only cost me a fiver. Cheaper than goin to McDonalds for dinner - and you get to sit down, nice staff and takeshi's castle on the screens!

I think Jumbo's is great. Slightly better than No.1 and MUCH better than Wokmania. Decent selection of veggie food too.

Jumbo is great, similar to No.1 although i hear Wokmania is fairly poor but yet to try it. Also give Eskitinum a try which is a combined Chinese/Thai/Indian buffet place. Cost a little more but much more authentic.

Hi,

Jumbos is great, go there!!!!!!!!

Been today and enjoyed it.

will go again.:thumbsup:

im not a fan im afraid, i find the chicken curry tastes funny in sheffield chineses.....!

and the desserts on offer arent good!

however i like the fact they have bombay mix :) :)