The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

I went last week, and apart from a couple of dishes being cold (bearing in mind they were replaced within 2 mins after i was ther) and the original speed of being served for drinks, I thought it was worthy of its cost.

Granted I wouldn't go there for a special meal but as a "cant be bothered to cook" option if you live in town it is perfectly acceptable!

By the way, the ice-cream is great.....especially with the Hundreds & Thousands and the Strawberry sauce!! Mmmmmm!

I went for a friends birthday, and foound the food disgusting, the service appauling and the atmosphere crap. I shall not be eating there agian

Most people moan about this place (including me :) ) but it's always packed... how come? I live near west street and I pass by this place everyday, at various times, and it always is sooo busy !

I was wondering, has something changed since my first visit two months ago? Anything improved?

Went on an evening for the most expensive buffet, and it was terrible, no choice -wouldn't go again. Other friends went on a lunchtime and they said there was loads of choice and it was great. Think i'll be sticking with Jumbo.

Originally posted by MeGe

Most people moan about this place (including me :) ) but it's always packed... how come? I live near west street and I pass by this place everyday, at various times, and it always is sooo busy !

I was wondering, has something changed since my first visit two months ago? Anything improved?

I suspect it's busy simply because it's convenient, and central, nothing at all to do with the "quality" of the "food"....

And sadly, no; things haven't changed at all. Nothing has improved.

I wonder if the Bains Maries that they use to keep the food "warm" are actually any good, because the three times I have been in there, (I went back twice to give the place a chance to show improvement, but I don't think i'll be going back) the food was on the cool side. Yuk!

The one benefit of wokmania is that the soft drinks (sodas)are "bottomless" i.e. you can have as many refills as you like of the cola, fanta and sprite.

PT

Just tried to find Jumbo's website and can't (won't mention what DID come up on my google search!!!)

Does anyone know what time the menu increases today please? I know its 4.99 until some point late afternoon but just wondering what the "rules" are - probably going about 5pm...

Thanks in advance!

not too sure but i know that this has been brought up before. check the archive you may find out there

I was wondering if anyone went to wokmania on wednesday ,i did and thursday i was a walking timebomb ,came home from work and went to the toilet to shout the toilet god (HUEY), then my mate rang me up to tell me he had come home from work with the same ,

I rekon you should only go there if you have iron guts.

AND when you pay LOOK at the bill as they automaticly put a gratuity fee of 10% of the bill without telling you ,our grat fee was £5.15 ,as you can imagine i wasnt happy so asked them to take it off.

codeman

I have to admit the same thing happened to me and a friend when we went a few weeks ago.

Toilet wise that is!

i'd be tempted to tell Health and Saftey if you all felt that bad. especially after reading some of the reviews on "The Going Out" Forum on here! :gag:

My friend and I went last Friday, all went well until we both cut into a lovely piece of uncooked chicken dumpling, nice and pink on the inside! :| we didn't eat it obviously but both of us felt rather ill afterwards from the other food, I was literally bawking down west st on the way home and she actually threw up... Put off for life!