Jump to content

Anyone Seen Father Christmas?

Recommended Posts

I've had the misfortune of having to watch some TV this week and there's an abundance of Christmas TV ads but I'm yet to see the big fella in a single one? 

Have I missed him? Is he in ads on telly and I've just not seen them?

Or is it something more sinister? :suspect:

Perhaps my theory that he will be replaced with a more diverse individual (hence the Santa instead of Father Christmas malarkey) at some point in the near future is beginning to come true?

You're thoughts? 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope not,  the elves will have an epithany,  and the reindeer won't like it either,  so there.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what they say DADDY.

There are 3 stages to a man’s life.

First he believes in Santa, then he doesn’t believe in him and finally he IS Santa.

 

5 years ago I was press ganged into being Santa for my granddaughter’s play group.

Even she didn’t recognise me! It was a once in a lifetime experience to see their quizzical faces at this old bloke with white hair and beard dressed in a red hooded dressing gown!😀

 

echo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, echo beach said:

You know what they say DADDY.

There are 3 stages to a man’s life.

First he believes in Santa, then he doesn’t believe in him and finally he IS Santa.

 

5 years ago I was press ganged into being Santa for my granddaughter’s play group.

Even she didn’t recognise me! It was a once in a lifetime experience to see their quizzical faces at this old bloke with white hair and beard dressed in a red hooded dressing gown!😀

 

echo.

My bold 

Fantastic 👏👏👏

I bet that was amazing for the kids and you. 

 

Underlined 

Yup, I'm at the being Father Christmas stage. I still do the Mince pies and carrots for Rudolph every year, then eat them when the kids are in bed then lay the presents out under the tree. They obviously know it's me but between you and me it's one of my favorite parts of Christmas 🎄 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold 

Fantastic 👏👏👏

I bet that was amazing for the kids and you. 

 

Underlined 

Yup, I'm at the being Father Christmas stage. I still do the Mince pies and carrots for Rudolph every year, then eat them when the kids are in bed then lay the presents out under the tree. They obviously know it's me but between you and me it's one of my favorite parts of Christmas 🎄 

I will buy you my FAVOURITE dictionary for Xmas!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, carosio said:

I will buy you my FAVOURITE dictionary for Xmas!

USA spelling carosio. Like Color! They tend to drop the u’s!

 

echo

Edited by echo beach
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I've had the misfortune of having to watch some TV this week and there's an abundance of Christmas TV ads but I'm yet to see the big fella in a single one? 

Have I missed him? Is he in ads on telly and I've just not seen them?

Or is it something more sinister? :suspect:

Perhaps my theory that he will be replaced with a more diverse individual (hence the Santa instead of Father Christmas malarkey) at some point in the near future is beginning to come true?

You're thoughts? 🤔

If you’re missing him there’s a huge inflatable one on top of the roof of the grindstone in Crookes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, echo beach said:

USA spelling carosio. Like Color! They tend to drop the u’s!

 

echo

Yeah my keypad on my phone is set to US language for some reason so always swaps uk for us spelling. 

I catch it most of the time, I guess I let one slip by 😪

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah my keypad on my phone is set to US language for some reason so always swaps uk for us spelling. 

I catch it most of the time, I guess I let one slip by 😪

 

Same with lasagna (US) and lasagne (English) DADDY.

francypants has the same problem!

 

echo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, echo beach said:

Same with lasagna (US) and lasagne (English) DADDY.

francypants has the same problem!

 

echo.

It's a pain in the bum. I'm sure it's relatively simple to change the setting but I'm clearly too dim to figure it out 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting to see the first shop to have a sign in the window advertising:

"Three Santas - No Waiting"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, echo beach said:

Same with lasagna (US) and lasagne (English) DADDY.

francypants has the same problem!

 

echo.

My bold. 

 

Surely you mean Italian not English?

5 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I've had the misfortune of having to watch some TV this week and there's an abundance of Christmas TV ads but I'm yet to see the big fella in a single one? 

Have I missed him? Is he in ads on telly and I've just not seen them?

Or is it something more sinister? :suspect:

Perhaps my theory that he will be replaced with a more diverse individual (hence the Santa instead of Father Christmas malarkey) at some point in the near future is beginning to come true?

You're thoughts? 🤔

You'll probably have to wait until 1st Dec & the Coca-Cola ad. 'Holidays are coming, holidays are coming...' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.