Jump to content

Everton Points Deduction.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Hopman said:

Until today's decision, the bottom three had won a mere three games between them. Everton have won 4 games this season. they have enough momentum to stay up. We frequently hear the mantra "XXX are too good to go down."  This is probably true in Everton's case.

it won't mean relegation for them, just a lower end position this season and subsequent prize money.

Let's not forget that teams on the bottom rungs of the league table are there because of results. Giving a team a points deduction  wipes out  points, but their goal difference remains better than those teams around them.

We understand all that. The point being that the divide between the haves and the have nots has increased substantially over the years since the Premier League has been in existence.

There was always a gap between the Big Clubs and the rest of the clubs, but it's now at a point where it's no longer a sport, it's a business, pure and simple.

Competitiveness, level playing field, fairness and equality are all things of the past. It's about wealth, money laundering,  status, profile building and egotism.

The game has sold its soul for money, genuine supporters are of little consequence  and it's no longer the peoples game.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everton only just survived relegation last season by the skin of their teeth, they were only a few points above Leicester & Leeds. 

 

I can see the lawyers getting to work for those two trying to get compensation for the Premiership failing to take action against Everton last season. 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They will appeal and have the deduction reduced to 4 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Everton only just survived relegation last season by the skin of their teeth, they were only a few points above Leicester & Leeds. 

 

I can see the lawyers getting to work for those two trying to get compensation for the Premiership failing to take action against Everton last season. 

Leeds would have gone down still if Everton had been docked a million points, seems a bizarre stance for them to take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everton are building a new stadium which is the reason why they have broken the rules.  The interest on money borrowed is higher than what originally budgeted for.  They should not be docked any points  due to the circumstances.  It is not like Manchester City and Chelsea who bought success due to making massive financial losses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2023 at 09:03, Baron99 said:

Everton only just survived relegation last season by the skin of their teeth, they were only a few points above Leicester & Leeds. 

 

I can see the lawyers getting to work for those two trying to get compensation for the Premiership failing to take action against Everton last season. 

That will do me in respect of the Owls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're also being sued by several clubs, which could see them pushed to bankruptcy and further points deductions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, geared said:

They're also being sued by several clubs, which could see them pushed to bankruptcy and further points deductions.

Are they?
Suing and thinking about it aren’t quite the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/11/2023 at 11:43, Axe said:

Everton are building a new stadium which is the reason why they have broken the rules.  The interest on money borrowed is higher than what originally budgeted for.  They should not be docked any points  due to the circumstances.  It is not like Manchester City and Chelsea who bought success due to making massive financial losses. 

When you take out a mortgage, you are asked whether you can afford repayments if interest rates rise. 
 

So, Everton should have been prepared for the inevitable rise in rates.

 

The rules are clear, so is the punishment. They’ve broken the rules, so they have to take the punishment.

 

If they get off on appeal, it will be interesting to see how Wednesday and Derby respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Prettytom said:

When you take out a mortgage, you are asked whether you can afford repayments if interest rates rise. 
 

So, Everton should have been prepared for the inevitable rise in rates.

 

The rules are clear, so is the punishment. They’ve broken the rules, so they have to take the punishment.

 

If they get off on appeal, it will be interesting to see how Wednesday and Derby respond.

Not really the same because there is no issue about Everton not repaying the borrowed money.  Funding a new stadium during a time of unexpected interest rate rises is mitigating circumstances for breaking the rule.  Different circumstances for Wednesday and Derby so whatever happens makes no difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never fear, Wirral MP on it!

 


 

 

Even Burnham getting in on the act

 

Andy Burnham hits out at Premier League’s Everton penalty

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/26/andy-burnham-hits-out-at-premier-league-everton-penalty-abuse-of-process

 

Lets just hope he doesn't get a taxi down there to voice his support

 

What does Andy Burnham really believe in? Here are 8 times he's  contradicted himself | The Independent | The Independent

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.