COVID THREAD

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

>>I read it and you're wrong .<<

Really ?

We have just been to Seoul (South Korea) and even on public transport (and post Covid) well under one quarter of the public were wearing masks.

But you will think I am making it up because the facts disagree with your beliefs..... 

So, to sum up, YOU are wrong.

You make the assumption that people there were wearing masks to protect themselves.
Many folk in SE Asia have a high sense of social responsibility, so wear masks when they feel unwell to help protect others.
Covid conspiracy theorists please take note.
Guess what Japan did rather better than us,

OK, this is about Japan, but the practice is common in several cultures and countries.
Why Japanese wear masks: a look behind health, etiquette, and culture

Head to Japan and you’ll notice that many Japanese people wear face masks. Even before the time of COVID-19, it wasn’t unusual to see people donning white masks while waiting for their trains, or out with their friends.

The first and foremost reason that Japanese people wear face masks is health. Oftentimes, it’s to prevent one’s own germs or sickness from spreading in public places; a critical point in the often extremely densely populated cities of Japan.

image_2024-02-27_124907958.png

15 minutes ago, Resident said:

You work with food (allegedly) & had a potentially communicable illness. 

EVERY food hygiene manual in the industry tells you not to do this.  Not very professional is it? 

I never said I handelled food whilst ill. Being a business owner requires doing multiple duties.

30 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Nothing is COVID because it doesn't exist. 

Teach you biophysics and structural biology as part of your "business diploma" did they??

Perhaps your former employment as a trolley dolly for a catering contractor included a one day course on pathology, medicine and immunology??

Or perhaps, once again, you are talking out of your arse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Teach you biophysics and structural biology as part of your "business diploma" did they??

Perhaps your former employment as a trolley dolly for a catering contractor included a one day course on pathology, medicine and immunology??

Or perhaps, once again, you are talking out of your arse.

I don't need to do pathology or biology studies to know when someone is trying to take me for a ride. I can spot a con a mile off. 

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't need to do pathology or biology studies to know when someone is trying to take me for a ride. I can spot a con a mile off

Clearly not. You've previously aligned yourself, on this forum, with Mark Skinner who has his fingers in a number of scamtastic "campaign" groups, including one that accepts electronic donations despite being anti-digital currency. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

It’s certainly not as serious as it was.

Ever since we all had the jibby jabby (™️) on your behalf.

3 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It’s certainly not as serious as it was.

Ever since we all had the jibby jabby (™️) on your behalf.

You're so stunning and brave. So selfless and caring. I hope a film is made about you so everyone knows what you did and I think you should be played by Idris Elba. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

You're so stunning and brave. So selfless and caring. I hope a film is made about you so everyone knows what you did and I think you should be played by Idris Elba. 

Idris would be a good fit for me. But he’d need to get in the gym for a while first.

On a related note, I’ve just checked out of the window. Still no dropping like flies happening.

Just now, Prettytom said:

Idris would be a good fit for me. But he’d need to get in the gym for a while first.

Snipped 

Fingers crossed he isn't busy then 🤞

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Fingers crossed he isn't busy then 🤞

I’ll text him in a bit. 

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

I’ll text him in a bit. 

Tell him I said Hi and I can't wait to see him as the new James Bond 👍

Fingers crossed he gets that gig too.

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

Tell that to the millions who are dead from it.

If it doesn't exist,  you seem to be making very heavy weather of it all whereas,  any normal person who thinks like that,  would just dismiss it as being unimportant.

You can't dismiss it because it's one of your "conspiracy theories".