Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

Do you pay in cash by any chance?

We all know why you do, but aren't you putting yourself at risk of being mugged?

Good point. Who in possession of one's faculties (and not being a lawbreaker of some ilk) buys anything for large amounts of cash?

Do you pay in cash by any chance?

We all know why you do, but aren't you putting yourself at risk of being mugged?

I don't like your hidden insinuation about why I may be paying cash so unless you have any evidence I suggest you keep your sneering insinuations to yourself.

I run a shop and get paid mostly in cash which I spend in the cash and carrys.

Business banking customers are charged for depositing cash into their business account so I would rather spend it then get charged for banking it and getting charged to do so..

I put myself at risk of getting robbed everyday just by opening my shop so no point running scared I say.

My business insurance covers me for loss of money anyway...

---------- Post added 10-04-2017 at 11:58 ----------

Good point. Who in possession of one's faculties (and not being a lawbreaker of some ilk) buys anything for large amounts of cash?

Go and stand in a couple of cash and carrys and watch how many shop keepers pay cash rather then get charged for banking it.

Edited by mafya

I use Costco twice a week and have never experienced rudeness from staff, in fact they are always extremely helpful and professional, as for queuing for half an hour, that claim is absurd, I have never had to wait that long even when I have shopped there at Christmas.

Best off going and making your own mind up instead of cherry picking opinions to suit.

Expecting people to regularly queue for anywhere up to half an hour whilst tills are closed is rude, in my opinion.

There are always queues at customer services, which is also not a good sign.

Customers used to be met with a warm welcome, now it is indifferent.

Also, I feel now when you leave the store, what used to be an indifferent experience, when your receipt was checked, is now far too brusque.

Maybe you have been extremely lucky but to dismiss others' claims as absurd because you personally have been lucky enough to not have to queue for so long is blinkered and it might come across to some as being slightly arrogant.

The last time I went in to Costco they only accepted Cash or Debit Cards which I always found rather strange when such large transactions were taking place. Debit Card fees are now being charged as a percentage the same as Credit Cards, so with the massive turnover of Costco they should get very good rates on both payment methods.

The last time I went in to Costco they only accepted Cash or Debit Cards which I always found rather strange when such large transactions were taking place. Debit Card fees are now being charged as a percentage the same as Credit Cards, so with the massive turnover of Costco they should get very good rates on both payment methods.

Costco accepts American Express.

I must say, I am impressed by Costsco warranty policy.

My Henry the Hoover died after one year, I took it back, got the money back and bought the new one straight away.

Also, I recommend to check the Swedish meatballs from Costco, I found it better than usual meatballs from other places. Good cakes, Victoria sponge is excellent!

It's worth it for the fuel if you travel a lot for work, that few pence per litre stacks up over the year and so I try and plan my return journeys to pass when I need topping up.

That's the main reason for sticking with it, the queues are daft these days so we only go in the store at quiet times during the week and just before closing is sometimes a good time.

It's not the 'bargain' lots of people think it is, you have to be selective and so we usually split our time between Company Shop/Makro/JTF/Costco as some things are cheapest at each.

Proper trade places are the best, you can tell these because they are the one's it's very difficult to get a card for - Makro isn't as 'trade' as it used to be in the old days (That's what the Booker part is now) and Costco is just a shopping club

Makro's main USP was that, as a trade outlet, it opened on Sundays.

Derestriction of Sunday trading largely removed that advantage.

Hence the fall-off.