Have you been to Sheffield Costco?

I've seen absurdly long queue's at Costco, Sunday morning is a total pig.

Everyone turns up first thing, enter the shop together and all descend on the tills en-mass.

They all then hit the canteen bit on their way out as it's lunchtime by then.

It's like some mental coordinated shopping event!

Funny as hell if you turn up, head straight to eat while everyone shops and then shop while they all eat.

They love the canteen dont they, it must make a few quid.

I use Costco twice a week and have never experienced rudeness from staff, in fact they are always extremely helpful and professional, as for queuing for half an hour, that claim is absurd, I have never had to wait that long even when I have shopped there at Christmas.

Best off going and making your own mind up instead of cherry picking opinions to suit.

Good observation. The queues look worse than they are.

One the queue's people should bare in mind it is a wholesaler's, and you get a lot of traders with multi-thousand pound cash transactions that have to be counted out. This can cause queues to move slowly.

One the queue's people should bare in mind it is a wholesaler's, and you get a lot of traders with multi-thousand pound cash transactions that have to be counted out. This can cause queues to move slowly.

i would have thought they would allow for that, also private members are only allowed in after most of the retailers have gone.

Yea I've not seen people spending thousands of pounds at a time, several hundred but not thousands.

Also as you're buying in bulk you will have less items per transaction, it doesn't take much longer than usual to get scanned through a till, it just takes a while to get there.

Yea I've not seen people spending thousands of pounds at a time, several hundred but not thousands.

Also as you're buying in bulk you will have less items per transaction, it doesn't take much longer than usual to get scanned through a till, it just takes a while to get there.

I'm in there regularly and there are traders buying cigarettes and booze etc, and the totals can be 2 to 4 thousand pounds. In cash.

---------- Post added 09-04-2017 at 18:58 ----------

i would have thought they would allow for that, also private members are only allowed in after most of the retailers have gone.

Private retailers go in at all times of the day.

I find the staff most helpful, and the queues soon go down. You can get a day pass although you can't buy you can have a look around and make your own mind up as to whether it's worth you paying for a pass

I'm in there regularly and there are traders buying cigarettes and booze etc, and the totals can be 2 to 4 thousand pounds. In cash.

what do you call Private Retailers i did not mention them?

Once saw a fella spend 8 grand there, it was in cash and was in a brown paper bag, not sure what he actually bought but it only occupied two boxes about the size of shoe boxes and he carried them out under his arm, ,could never figure out what he could have bought at that size and for that amount, mind you I have seen bracelets for sale at Costco for 20 grand.

what do you call Private Retailers i did not mention them?

Sorry, I meant retailers, I don't know why I said private retailers. :help:

I spend over £2000 in Costco on cigarettes and tobacco every week and can get a lot of other things in Costco that are cheaper then in the cash and carrys although the odd item can be more expensive then in supermarkets.

I spend over £2000 in Costco on cigarettes and tobacco every week and can get a lot of other things in Costco that are cheaper then in the cash and carrys although the odd item can be more expensive then in supermarkets.

Do you pay in cash by any chance?

We all know why you do, but aren't you putting yourself at risk of being mugged?