Questions & Answers

8 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

Donald is, cant say the same for the rest of the family.

Who was Le Petomane?

A very talented person.

Why do men have nipples ?

Summary. Males have nipples because of the way that embryos develop in the initial weeks after gestation. Those eventually born female and male are the same until sex chromosomes are defined, which doesn't happen until week six or seven of pregnancy. Nipples begin to develop before that time.21 Oct 2022

Why do people put wreaths on their door when it's supposed to be Christ's birthday?

Edited by cressida

7 hours ago, cressida said:

Summary. Males have nipples because of the way that embryos develop in the initial weeks after gestation. Those eventually born female and male are the same until sex chromosomes are defined, which doesn't happen until week six or seven of pregnancy. Nipples begin to develop before that time.21 Oct 2022

Why do people put wreaths on their door when it's supposed to be Christ's birthday?

Interesting question, especially when wreaths are mostly used for funerals. I suppose people just like putting up decorations, one of my neighbours already has a Christmas tree up! 

Have you ever been so drunk you can't remember a thing?

Not yet......

Where would you like to live other than the U.K.

Edited by cressida

I wouldn't.

Is teaching young children about a fictional character that delivers presents around the world on christmas eve teaching them that it's OK to tell lies?

Is it cruel when they eventually realise that you've been telling them lies?

At what age,  usually their older siblings let them know,  when they do find out they feel it's a  bit of fun and they've  been had - they are not going to worry about  it or protest because they are getting presents.

A lot of jokes are lies.

Have you ever looked (leched) at another woman/man when you were with your partner?

Edited by cressida

7 minutes ago, Gormenghast said:

You're not alone Cressy.

What do you mean,  I haven't and I'd dump a guy who did.

Perhaps you are then. Everybody does it.

Do you get equal amounts of DNA from each parent?

1 hour ago, Gormenghast said:

Perhaps you are then. Everybody does it.

Do you get equal amounts of DNA from each parent?

I don't think so. I think girls have more of the father's DNA and boys have more of the mother's DNA. 

How often do you mop/vacuum your floors?

13 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don't think so. I think girls have more of the father's DNA and boys have more of the mother's DNA. 

But the imdividual strands of DNA from each paremt should be of equal lengths to combine properly, so that would make them equal surely?

Edited by Gormenghast

On 24/11/2023 at 15:16, Gormenghast said:

But the imdividual strands of DNA from each paremt should be of equal lengths to combine properly, so that would make them equal surely?

Each child looks more like one parent than the other though, so surely one parent must have the dominant gene. 

Do you have a Sparks card?