Looking to buy round Frechville. Any good?

I`ve already searched on here and cant really find the answer to this. :)

We`ve been looking around Frechville with a view to buy but because i don`t know the area at all can anyone tell me please what its like.

We`ve been looking Hopedale road and Smalldale road area then over Birley Moor road onto Youlgreave Drive and Peakdale area.

I`ve been told the Primary School is Birley Spa and the Secondary School is Birley and have been told again these are both okay schools. :)

Any ideas at all from anyone please on these areas...

We moved onto Smalldale Road in November and it's been just super.

Hi

I've lived in Frecheville all my life, and have no desire to move away. Hopedale & Smalldale are both OK - I have lived on both!

Happy house hunting.

Currently on Hopedale with in-laws living on Smalldale!

I grew up in the area and came back. Things have changed though (although the same as any other area I expect).

Smalldale in nice and quiet - although can be overrun with large white transit vans where the drivers prefer to park outside OTHER people's houses and not their own! Other than that - in-laws have never had any probls and neighbourhood spirit always been good.

Hopedale is lovely - although sometimes, as you may have seen from my previous posts, we have loads of juvenile idiots circulating on the park/pond making noises which can go into the early hours of the morning. Seems to have died off a little recently although it does flair up some times. Although if you are not buying near the "middle" bit (and there aren't any for sale there at the moment) - you will be ok!

Overall, it is a nice area with generally nice people. The annual carnival still brings all the community out together and you regularly see the people you went to school as a child!

Close proximity to shops (including three good takeways) - CO-OP rubbish (don't get me started!) - but there is Morrisons at Mosborough, or Crystal Peaks and a great Somerfield on White Lane. There is small local library which is particularly good for kids. Local to tram and busses which are regular. Good GP (Birley Health Centre). Don't know much about schools as it has been years since I was there, although I am aware nursery is brand new build.

Hope this helps!

Moved from here about 2 yrs ago now but lived on Hopefield Avenue prior to that ( 8 yrs ) - ovarall a very nice estate, good local shops ( co-op being the exception ) good pubs, good schools, access to town/peaks/M1. House prices hold their own, all in all never felt uncomfortable during my time there.

The only downside appears to be the increasing No of youths in the area ( ie: Noise, nuisance ) nothing major and like liose said it was mainly on the " Through" roads, ( hopefield ave, thornbridge dirve ). & around the pond.

answer to your question: Yes Good.

Okay thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply :)

I`ll have a good drive round now, complete with estate agent brochures and see what I think of the houses.... :)

Have a look around Alport Road and Peakdale Crescent. They are both really pleasant areas. :smile:

Ps - Compared to some of the newer build estates that are popping up everywhere, the housesizes are generally pretty good as are the gardens which are generally not overlooked! Also - the houses are brickbuilt (internally also) - none of this new plasterboard walls!!!