Where have all the Sheffield anarchists gone?

are you bladdered moses?

talking rubbish there mate - why would i wind you up?

just want an honest answer to my question, as i genuinely would like to be convinced of a future for the anarchist way of thinking.

Whatever you think of Anarchist i aint one more of a Marxist thesedays and i only get ****** in-often do not take as much **** as i used to..

Working my arse off to get from my own imposed gheto through my own actions.

This aint a cult or anything but if there is an real intrest from you then as said pm of topic and we will chat ill even get you the ****ing coffee.

As the Anarchist plumber said: Let's smash the cistern.

As the Anarchist plumber said: Let's smash the cistern.

the old ones are the best :P

Whatever you think of Anarchist i aint one more of a Marxist thesedays and i only get ****** in-often do not take as much **** as i used to..

Working my arse off to get from my own imposed gheto through my own actions.

This aint a cult or anything but if there is an real intrest from you then as said pm of topic and we will chat ill even get you the ****ing coffee.

why not chat on here? - i have no interest in meeting face to face ta - just tell me something i need to know!

eagerly awaiting your reply....spicy veg:thumbsup:

why not chat on here? - i have no interest in meeting face to face ta - just tell me something i need to know!

eagerly awaiting your reply....spicy veg:thumbsup:

fair enough but there are people who use here would take such conversation and use it for there own ends i prefare to meet people and talk from there

i will talk by e mail try worldwarfreeatriseupdotnet encripted e mail etc..

fair enough but there are people who use here would take such conversation and use it for there own ends i prefare to meet people and talk from there

i will talk by e mail try worldwarfreeatriseupdotnet encripted e mail etc..

why not in this thread, so others can join in?

why does it have to be so secretive?

convince me of something i need to know!

:help:

Where have all the anarchists gone?

When I lived in Sheffield 19...ish years ago they seemed to be everywhere...even had a regularish magazine.

Have they all got jobs & moved to the seaside?:hihi: :hihi:

There was a strange bunch that used to meet in the Brown Bear (in town) in the late 70’s. They wore anarchist t-shirts/badges. They used to make their pints last ages while plotting the overthrow of society. One of them looked very much like Wolfie, from Citizen Smith, in his scruffy ex-RAF overcoat.

Sheffield Anarchists: Jesus, John Lamb, Sid, Linda O, Steve, Barn, Fred, Andy, Gazzo, Duncan, Joel, Russel, Terry, Mozaz, Sue, Lyndsey, Steve, Neil + loads others if I remember - Sorry - Their Magazine was evey two months I believe & they had regular events, a big part of Sheffeild in the Eighties, I hope they are all doing well. Had cool times at their events!

Sheffield Anarchists: Jesus, John Lamb, Sid, Linda O, Steve, Barn, Gazzo, Duncan, Russel, Joel, Terry, Mozaz, Sue, Lyndsey, Steve, Neil + loads others if I remember - Sorry - Their Magazine was evey two months I believe & they had regular events, a big part of Sheffeild in the Eighties, I hope they are all doing well. Had cool times at their events!

We feel like Angels, lets create Heaven on Earth

As the first in the list I can say that I am doing very well. But moved away.

Magazine was tri-monthly when possible, sold on Fargate every Sat and at other places and gigs etc. Printed books, pamphlets, posters and postcards. We had a printing press. Organised demos. Organised courses. Had a library and as you say organised some great events :-)

There was a slim guy, shy, wore woody Allen style specs.

He used to deliver 'Peace News' to various outlets and drink in The Hanover back int' day.

Wasn't he one of the Broomhall anarchists?

Or was he just a hippy? ;)

Wasn't he the same guy who had a massive train set in his attic. He was featured in The Star one day ('77/78?), proudly going on about the many hours he spent lovingly making stations, bits of scenery etc. Silly so and so was surprised that the next time he went to sign on they stopped his dole.

If it's the same bloke, definitely a hippy - the anarchist I most remember from The Hanover in those days was Tikka.

May have been a bloke called andy doing peace news, he's still around sheffield i think.

Tikka, he was a character :-)