The thunderstorm megathread (all thunder threads are in here)

The Arnold Lavers (Meersbrook) carpark had water flowing over its wall earlier on, and i think it was water from the Sheaf.

It's been 36 degrees c down here i'm sweating like a pig

Mod note: several threads merged.

The Arnold Lavers (Meersbrook) carpark had water flowing over its wall earlier on, and i think it was water from the Sheaf.

I drove from the train station, heading down Chesterfield Road towards Meadowhead... Heeley Bridge was blocked off cos that was flooded underneath the train tracks and a car was stuck in the middle (again), so I drove round up by Sheaf View pub, came back down by Pondsford only to note that front of Arnold Laver's was blocked off 'cos of a flood.. wondered why people were coming out of the pub and taking photos.. looked closer - water flowing over the wall!! It honestly looked like a natural waterfall - it was gushing like crazy. My other half was on the train to Stockport and he says he had no probs at all and the train would have passed there so...???:huh:

Then I had to drive through a massive puddle at meersbrook, at bottom of Upper Albert Road - was unbelievable! Have got a mud mark on my car where it came up to - half way up the doors!!!! Got to Abbey Lane at Woodseats/Beauchief and the residents weren't letting people go up Bocking Lane as that was flooded at the bottom!

Went past heeley at 10.30pm and it was still blocked off.. no water flowing over the wall but still 3 fire engines there... Unbelievable

Hope nestlings have survived.

Granma.

any idea on what happened on broadfield road? near the antique shop.

Just been past, there's a bus almost at a perfect 90 degrees blocking the road off, 6 or 7 buses all gathered and one panda car putting out accident signs?

Are all the buses down there due to the flooding? Kinda near Lavers so....

Just got back from work and discovered my tv & amp with nice puddles on them :(

Guess who decided that when I left at midday it was too nice to shut their window.

Cracker of a storm though. Was stood out the back of the HUBs under the roof hoping to see the cranes get struck. Never seemed to happen though

I drove from the train station, heading down Chesterfield Road towards Meadowhead... Heeley Bridge was blocked off cos that was flooded underneath the train tracks and a car was stuck in the middle (again), so I drove round up by Sheaf View pub,

we did exactly the same! left a friends in nether green at 8.15pm right in the middle of the storm, then drove to the train station to drop my daughter and her mates off; ive never seen a storm like it in sheff! brilliant! there was a cyclist waiting at the brocco bank/hunters bar lights just grinning his head off, and my partner said he wished he was cycling through it too, amazing!

then after the train station, like S8 blade, we went down chesterfield rd and saw the car stuck under heeley bridge (my partner was planning to go through it in 1st gear until he saw the car with water up to its windows) then on up to woodseats.

the cats were waiting for us by the front door when we got back, both of them petrified.

the best storm ever. although i hope no-one suffered damage or injury.

Just got back from work and discovered my tv & amp with nice puddles on them :(

Guess who decided that when I left at midday it was too nice to shut their window.

It's ok, my bloke left his sunroof tilted up so he got a wet bum coming over to me later :hihi: I had to shut my back windows but kept the front ones open otherwise I'd have had wet curtains.

I remember in 2002, my girlfriend who had moved form Leicester to Sheffield remarked on all the thunder Sheffield seemed to have, and now I know why.

We had a storm last night here in Leicestershire and it was pathetic when compared to a Yorky storm.

I wonder if the geographical locations of both places have anything to do with it.

Did anyone see the lightning strike the tree on Meadowhead Island?

Drove round it on the road at about 10.20pm last night split the tree in half!

If you like thunder storms like me the bbc is giving thunder storms for us tuesday/wednesday :thumbsup: