Fargate Redevelopment

Not been in Town for a while . How is Fargate looking ? Has it started ? 

25 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not been in Town for a while . How is Fargate looking ? Has it started ? 

Like the Luftwaffe has paid a surprise visit. 

Big hole in the ground at the corner of Norfolk Row where a building once stood & the odd body laid about, motionless. 

The main digging up of all the paving & the expensive cobble stones has yet to start.  I'm sure I read that things have been put on hold due to financial problems? 

Edited by Baron99

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Big hole in the ground at the corner of Norfolk Row where a building once stood & the odd body laid about, motionless. 

Going well then  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My father used to say they were the last organisation that actually knew what it was doing with the roads in Sheffield.

18 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Not likely, they'd do a better job

Other than for M&S, what else is there to visit Fargate for?

wandered around yesterday, Fargate is awful, poor folk in wheelchairs or tots in prams....The Moor however seems good, lots of decent shops, good paving....

Lots of roads now closed to traffic, so no chance of holding a Lord Mayor's Parade!!!

Edited by smithy266

Hmmm... :huh:

Just to warn folk...
... as soon as the post count of the thread reaches double figures, we'll be getting a visit from the SCC flunkies to tell you you're all wrong!

Be prepared! :hihi:

2 hours ago, smithy266 said:

wandered around yesterday, Fargate is awful, poor folk in wheelchairs or tots in prams....The Moor however seems good, lots of decent shops, good paving....

Lots of roads now closed to traffic, so no chance of holding a Lord Mayor's Parade!!!

Just shows what difference a few years makes, I recall a 1960’s/70’s comparison. This being that you told Fargate shoppers how much something cost, conversely you told shoppers on The Moor how much  it cost a week.

Edited by crookesey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The council are making a big song and dance about how they're returning it back to how it was in the 80s

wh-smith-sons-at-fargate-sheffield-1980s

10 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

The council are making a big song and dance about how they're returning it back to how it was in the 80s

wh-smith-sons-at-fargate-sheffield-1980s

Are they? Not something I've read anywhere, no mention of returningit to how it was in the 80s. Certainly they are doing a lot of planting, but hopefully not in those hideous containers in your picture.

Hideous? No no no everything in the 80s in Sheffield was great, that cant possible be!