Who's Sheffield's Best MMA Fighter For The Future

I am dead keen on MMA and have attended almost all the shows at the Octagon, Ice Arena as well as travelling to Manchester, London etc to watch shows. I remember a while ago it was all about Ross Pettifer who it is fair to say 'is hard as nails'. He also featured on last nights Ultimate Warriors programme on The Player Channel. However in the Star this week it picked out Alex Mackenzie and Shane Beard as been sheffields best up and coming fighters. What's anybody else's views on who's Sheffields best hope?

I've trained with Alex and he always looks awesome to me. Don't know much about other fighters but Alex has done well in his fights so far.

What day was the article in the Star? Any chance of posting it on here?

I am Sheffields best MMA fighter :thumbsup:

I've trained with Alex and he always looks awesome to me. Don't know much about other fighters but Alex has done well in his fights so far.

What day was the article in the Star? Any chance of posting it on here?

Alex has had 2 kickboxing fights winning both by stoppage. One of them against a guy from Reading in the first round and the next one against Paul Clarke from nottingham roughhouse in the 2nd round.

He won an MMA bout in the 1st round in doncaster as well. Id say Alex is undefeated.

Shane Beard fought one of my guys in kickboxing it was a hard close fought contest with good exchanges of boxing kicks (both high and low) and strong knees from both parties. Shane won in the last round. For a novice he is a good prospect.

Guess what???

BOTH of them as well as Scot Sykes are fighting on AFK promotions show :

Friday night september the 15th !!!

Its going to be fireworks!

Alex Mckenzie will most likely top the bill.

The link works but as for the weight difference of 14lbs, Shane was less than 2 kg lighter than his opponent.

He was 76.4kg, my guy was 78kg.

Then again good media coverage helps the sport anyhow so its all good.

:thumbsup:

Alright Chef

who did shane fight from AFK??

I'll should be back training on Wednesday at Goodwin

Alright Chef

who did shane fight from AFK??

I'll should be back training on Wednesday at Goodwin

Easy Simon, the rigs didnt want you then?

Shane fought Mark (southpaw mark not big mark or instructor mark) , was a cracking fight! Will make a perfect rematch just for spectator value!

They were both shagged in the last round and the man with the bigger heart and lungs landed the big winning blow!

Both previous rounds were dead close and exciting. Both guys landed solid shots on each other, shanes shin was cut and bleeding after the fight too!!!

So do alex and shane both fight MMA or just alex?

I'd say Sam Boult is the best prospect. But I'm biased (as are most people on here :P )

I'd say Sam Boult is the best prospect. But I'm biased (as are most people on here :P )

Michael Gabbitas all the way!!!

Michael Gabbitas all the way!!!

Michael is a a great guy and fighter. But, Farhad I think you'll find, as I was there, that Sam has a win over Michael (rear naked choke I think). Plus Sam has fought at a much higher level of MMA. All the best, Noel ps. Not like you to let facts get in the way of your opinions!! LOL :P