Where can I find good food and service?

I've eaten in alot of places in Sheff and I don't think it gets much better than Marcos (near millhouses park). The food is to die for, service is perfect, the resteraunt itself is very classy and very unpretentious. Worth the extra couple of quid.. Only problem is its a bit hard to go eat anywhere else once you've been there..

Try The Peacock at Owler Bar. Really nice food and very polite and friendly service. Can get quite busy tho so be prepared to wait.

Originally posted by sanman

For something very special try Greenhead House Restaurant at Chapeltown. The food is fantastic, you'll need to book as they only have about 12 tables. It is pricey but well worth it.

I used to work there as a waitress! Yes the food is amazing and cant fault the service either.

Really enjoyed working there and the rest of the staff did aswell, so i think that must have come across in the service

Try VIVA TEQUILA .What a place.http://www.vivatequila.co.uk

Originally posted by steven

Try VIVA TEQUILA .What a place.http://www.vivatequila.co.uk

Looking through your posts, you seem very keen for people to visit TEQUILA - in fact, it's the only topic you post on.

Maybe your advertising would work better if you were to tell us reasons why it's such a great place!

Try Canton Orchard in Ranmoor. It's a bit out of the way but it must be the best Chinese restaraunt in Sheff. It's not cheap but not too expensive either probably around £60.00 for two including wine and beer. The owners are a good laugh although the lady chef (probably the top boss) can appear a bit sharp!

Originally posted by powerkitegir

seem to find it virtually impossible to get a restaurant with good service (and good food). Anyone know of any? Call me a moanining old cow if you want but surely this should come as standard?

By the way anyone know what the Old Mustard Pot is like, near Stocksbridge? (with regard to food, service, beer and atmosphere).

I know some very good places, BBs on Devonshire st, Gill the lady who runs it is great, then theres Maso's on Surrey st, the chef is lovely, and the service in both is great, Vitos on south rd, or if you want pubs the Rose & Crown at Stannington or the Admiral Rodney on Loxley rd, both on bus routes and also the service and price is good, or a little further out is the Yorkshire bridge, at ladybower, good food and good service, and if u drink too much they are also a B&B. Hope this helps.

anyone know if regents terrace is open on a sunday?