Where can I find good food and service?

thyme cafe and the crosspool thyme are both good.

all bar one has good food and service generally is good also

lions lair is lovely too but smokey.

not many people think of going to "sparks" at the sheffield college,or at least probably have never heard of it,they do both lunch and dinner at very good prices....its a teaching resturant,so you get everything from classical dishes to special "themed evenings" friday night is the best though,the lecturers in the kitchen are masterchefs of great britain and most importantly THE BOOZE IS CHEAP! lol

hello i am the chef from lovers leap bistro and i would come here to eat but i have to cook so i can't! i reckon we are as good as any in sheffield. give us a try. when booking quote sheffield forum website and me (glen)

we have a website if you are interested http://www.loversleap.biz

Sorry to be negative - but I've been to both Thymes ie the restaurant at Crosspool and Thyme Cafe , Broomhill - and I wouldn't go back to either. The service at Crosspool was dreadful (and it was midweek, thought we were a largish party) and the food was 'ok'. The Thyme cafe food was pretty bad and expensive for what it was. The Cricket Inn bar food is great - haven't tried the restaurant yet.

For something very special try Greenhead House Restaurant at Chapeltown. The food is fantastic, you'll need to book as they only have about 12 tables. It is pricey but well worth it.

Try The Wig and Pen on campo lane behind the cathedral. The food is outstanding and the waitress I had was lovely - really attentive without being pushy.

I agree with caprice,you cant get much better for great food and excellent service, plus you can take your own booze, so its never an expensive night out, it suits a quiet meal or a wild celebration noght:) go you will not be let down.

I agree too with caprice - BB's is a great place to eat out. It's in such a good location where you can go out afterwards to some decent bars like the forum. I'd also like to recommend piccolos on west street. Again this is bring your own wine, lovely and cheap food, charming waiters, and a central location. Definately 2 italian restuarants that are worth a visit.

I've been on this topic before and cannot praise enough the food and service at Napoleons, Owlerton. Its good modern cooking, the waitresses are friendly and where else can you get full on service like this from 7 at night till about 3 in the morning. We had a party and there were banners up and a cake, all the works, like I said I think they deserve the praise.

The Crown and Cushion pub at Burncross.

Went to the Mustard pot on Sunday. Lovely on a hot day. Although not much choice for veggies, very stodgy choice for Starter and main course and i couldn't finish it as it was too rich. Only cheese and leek rissotto for starter and then mushroom ravioli for main. Would have liked something more salady or lighter on a hot day but we'd driven all that way.

Desserts to die for though. Shared a creme brulee, although not as good as Sola's old one.