Need help about car

Hi there

I'm going to buy a used car (not enough budget for a new car yet)......but get headache on the car condition and features given by the seller( especially in Autotrade) .....what is the different between Power Assisted Steering and Power Steering?Full Service History and Full Dealer Service HIstory??

What is the best source to look for 2nd hand car?

Need an explanation here..please.....[:(][:o)]

Someone might tell me I am wrong, but I think steering is either power assisted or it isn't and that the phrase "power steering" is simply short for Power Assisted steering as is "PAS".

You might consider a car to be better looked after if it has always been properly serviced at the main dealer. Someone could get a small garage to service the car and stamp the book instead or can even do it themselves in some cases. As long as they actually do all the items it makes no difference who services it. What does matter is when there is a major item such as changing a cam belt at 60,000 miles and they haven't had it done. A main dealer would always do these important things.

If I were buying a car I would probably go for one which had "full dealer service history" rather than just "service history". The dealer service would give me the impression that the former keeper valued their car and maintained it regardless of cost.

HOWEVER, you hear so many scare stories about bad dealers these days I don't think it really has much relevance.

the only benefits fro main dealer servicing is that "usually" genuine parts are used, "usually" any recalls are seen to.

they also usually have traceability on the car through the relevant computer system.

the mechanics are usually no better than most backstreet garages.

new cars & company cars in my possession go to the dealer,after that a local guy does all the work.

a backstreet service is better than none at all.

If I were buying a car I would probably go for one which had "full dealer service history" rather than just "service history". The dealer service would give me the impression that the former keeper valued their car and maintained it regardless of cost.

HOWEVER, you hear so many scare stories about bad dealers these days I don't think it really has much relevance.

Thanks for the information.

I've read some of the cars sold with warranty, what kind of warranty and do buyer have to bare the premium etc?

ME AND MY FAMILY USE A GARAGE CALLED JUNCTION 35 TRADE CENTRE JUST OFF THE M1. THE SALESMAN THERE IS VERY HELPFUL AND NOT PUSHY AT ALL, THE SALEMANS NAME IS JOE, THEY ALSO HAVE A WEBSITE WHICH IS http://WWW.JUNCTION35.CO.UK

ME AND MY FAMILY USE A GARAGE CALLED JUNCTION 35 TRADE CENTRE JUST OFF THE M1. THE SALESMAN THERE IS VERY HELPFUL AND NOT PUSHY AT ALL, THE SALEMANS NAME IS JOE, THEY ALSO HAVE A WEBSITE WHICH IS http://WWW.JUNCTION35.CO.UK

Thanks maverick75.

By the way what is you opinion in buying car/bid from e-bay.

Thanks maverick75.

By the way what is you opinion in buying car/bid from e-bay.

i bought and sold 3 cars from ebay. the main beneift is that when go to collect it, if it's not as described you dont have to buy it. it happened to me,over bubbling on wheel arch, it wasn't bad for '76 car but the guy wanted perfection for next to no money.

I Would Advise Against Buying A Car Off Ebay As I Did And 25 Away From Home It Blew The Head Gasket , Seller Said That It Was Down To Me But My Mechanic Said That It Was Full Of Rad Weld Which Covers The Problem Up For A Short Time.

I Would Advise Against Buying A Car Off Ebay As I Did And 25 Away From Home It Blew The Head Gasket , Seller Said That It Was Down To Me But My Mechanic Said That It Was Full Of Rad Weld Which Covers The Problem Up For A Short Time.

Well i quest i have to follow your advice since the same thing happen to a friend of mine..he bought the car from e-bay and after 3 months he got to replaced the automatic gearbox and it cost GBP1000:sad: