Central Technical School

I attended Sheffield Central Technical School between 1961 and 1964 in the Engineering stream. This was the year the school closed down.

I no longer have a graduating certificate and would like to obtain a copy of it or at least proof of my attendance or graduation

I have been in touch with a variety of organisations, however despite them being sympathetic and helpful, no one appears to know where the records have been stored.

Any assistance or advise would be gratefully appreciated.

Have you contacted the Sheffield Archives? They should have them.

I attended Sheffield Central Technical School between 1961 and 1964 in the Engineering stream. This was the year the school closed down.

I no longer have a graduating certificate and would like to obtain a copy of it or at least proof of my attendance or graduation

I have been in touch with a variety of organisations, however despite them being sympathetic and helpful, no one appears to know where the records have been stored.

Any assistance or advise would be gratefully appreciated.[/quote

The school continued it moved to Gleadless then became Ashleigh, I understand that a lot of old photos etc were burnt and disposed of in the 1980's according to an ex teacher. ]

Thank you for both replies, we will continue with Sheffield archives. The Gleadless and Ashleigh info may provide a different pathway for info. Cheers.

---------- Post added 28-07-2015 at 21:02 ----------

A HUGE thank you to the Sheffield City Council archivists who went beyond the call of duty to get a positive result. Cheers

Hi Guys,

Dave Henderson here, I left CTS in 64, with my mates Pete Tindall and Roger Oliver. I left the UK in 82, spent several years in NZ before settling in Australia. I have been working back in Plymouth UK for a couple of years.

I found this website whilst searching for my CTS diploma, do you still have yours??

Best wishes to all

WAWAW

Dave Henderson

I was at the Tech. from 46 to 49. Several years ago I wanted a copy of my Diploma & it's equivalent today. I obtained a copy in 71, it is headed City of Sheffield Education Committee. Unfortunately, the Diploma has no recognised equivalent today. I cannot remember who I wrote to for the copy, probably the Department for education, maybe I got an address from the Sheffield web site. Hope this is helpful, by the way I got a 1st Class Diploma. The copy shows the subjects taught & the degree of pass.

Hi Guys,

Dave Henderson here, I left CTS in 64, with my mates Pete Tindall and Roger Oliver. I left the UK in 82, spent several years in NZ before settling in Australia. I have been working back in Plymouth UK for a couple of years.

I found this website whilst searching for my CTS diploma, do you still have yours??

Best wishes to all

WAWAW

Dave Henderson

Hope you found your diploma!

Edited by helbo

I was at the CTS from 1956-1959 (Building Dept) and was wacked by Mr Wadge although I did find him to be a good teacher and strong on discipline.

.So no hard feelings!

I had two pals;David Williams and Terry Travers.Others I remember are Brian Ridge,Dave Patchett,John Winter and John Rawson.Where are they now,I wonder.

Joe Cocker was a year younger and lived close to me in later years.Incidentally,I've recently discovered that Jarvis Cocker is my second cousin!

I now live in Northumberland and remember fondly those golden years.

Ralph Wm.(Bill) St.Clair

Hi Ralph,

Remember me, David Price we were at shiregreen school together and then CTS

We have been left Sheffield for 50 years but fond memories of the old schools. David Williams I went cycling with he lived brightside way and I remember all the other names you quote. I met Dave patchet on a rare visit to Sheffield about 1970. I have lost touch with everyone. I had an apprenticeship then I joined the I civil service for the next 40 years and travelled everywhere. Now settled in Oxfordshire

Regards

D P

I didn't go to the Central Technical School, but do know a Mr Bunn that was a teacher there, he taught French, English, and Scripture.

178 Patricia

I didn't go to the Central Technical School, but do know a Mr Bunn that was a teacher there, he taught French, English, and Scripture.

178 Patricia

Nice chap, I liked him. In one "scripture" lesson I remember one of my classmates making the audible comment "all this is rubbish" to which Mr Bunn retorted "people have been given the death sentence for making such remarks"!

Hi Carosio Mr Bunn is a friend of myself and my husband he is now in his 85th year, and often talks about the old school.

178 Patricia

Glad to hear that, I wish a Happy New Year to all of you!