Central Technical School

I went to the Central Technical 1963 to 1967 i think it was technical drawing

I went 65-67 and it was definitely TD.:thumbsup:

hagard Riley

I've just read your post and I'm sorry you felt you had such a bad deal there.

it seems to me you were a square peg in a round hole and should have been placed in the CTS.

Many others would have exchanged places with you from schools all over Sheffield.

Everyone I know remembers the school with fondness.

It the time I was there I had a few problems but accepted they were of my own making.

The school ran a disciplined regime and that was one of its assets and as far as education I do not think I could have received any better.

Many people who attended the school went on to greater things and the school gave thm a good grounding.

The Old Boy's Association is still in existance and to think the school has been closed for so many years is a testament to the feeling of its ex pupils.

Happy Days!

I went at a similar time 1963 to 1967 and enjoyed it the country today would be far better if that discipline was still in place

I'm not sure of the exact dates but I think my dad went to this school. John Holbrook - does anyone remember him

He went in 1963 I often used to call for him but for some reason he often would not go to school I think it drove your gran mad he absolutely hated Central Tech I do not know why we were good friends please give him my regards

David Rawson

Is that the school next door that had girls?

Yes, it was The Girls City Grammer School.

From the Cheviots down to Dover

From the Wash to Milford town

Yea and all the wide world over

Men are spreading thy renown.

Thy renown old spartan mother

C.T.S. our pride and Joy

Hears a hand and theres the other

Friendships pledged to one another

Shout the good old song

my dad Brian Wilkinson,used to go there.

i think he lived at the watertower end of blackstock rd at the time.

sadly passed away some years now,but does anyone remember him??

Sorry to read that. I remember a John Wilkinson - shock of blonde hair - who went on to become a golf professional at Lees Hall where I think his dad Ray? was already established.

I was there doing engineering from 1960-63. Finished up in 6C.

Some of the names mentioned bring back fond memories.

A good old school I think!

I was there doing engineering from 1960-63. Finished up in 6C.

Some of the names mentioned bring back fond memories.

A good old school I think!

i was there at thattime with BIRKS BOURNE BRAMMALL DUTY FINNEY NEWSAM MORRIS G MORRIS J GOODALL SMITH J SMITH A WOOD LUMLEY SLINN LEAPER

I have come across this forum after performing a search under my own forname "Darrock", mentioned in this forum is an individual called Darrock Porteous, I believe that I may have been given the same forneame due to the fact that my father did national service with this person, does anyone have any contact details, it would be interesting to contact my namesake if he is still allive and kicking!. Darrock Cowell contactpyramid@aol.com

I have come across this forum after performing a search under my own forname "Darrock", mentioned in this forum is an individual called Darrock Porteous, I believe that I may have been given the same forneame due to the fact that my father did national service with this person, does anyone have any contact details, it would be interesting to contact my namesake if he is still allive and kicking!. Darrock Cowell contactpyramid@aol.com

Don't quite see what relevance this is to the CTS?