Central Technical School

& three penny's thrupance

I remember the 'Yoyo fiasco!' I almost got the same for swearing at lad for stealing my donut at the Gleadless Tuck shop. Fortunately, another boy was chosen!

I have just come across a picture of the teachers at Central Tech taken in 1962. If anyone would like a copy let me know and I'll scan it and email it. I can only identify a few. Herbert is there along with Pop Gregory. If anyone can post it somewhere that would be great.

Hi I left in 62 so would be intertested to see how many of the teachers I can name.

I have just come across a picture of the teachers at Central Tech taken in 1962. If anyone would like a copy let me know and I'll scan it and email it. I can only identify a few. Herbert is there along with Pop Gregory. If anyone can post it somewhere that would be great.

Thanks coalandcoke, I would appreciate a copy ([email protected]).

If you want a copy of the picture, please email me direct at [email protected] I was a student from 1952-57 and came back for one year (1961-1962) to teach chemistry. For anyone with a good memory, I'm the handsome one, top row, second from the left, trying not to look at the camera.

Hi Rob

Was only talking about you (ref scooters & fishing) to Mick Herbert a few days ago.

Roger Oliver

Hi there roger

seems like another life from the past

hearing you talking to mike herbert I suppose it could be another

series of last of the summer wine /will be in touch soon .I get up

to dronfield to see my older sister so will arrange to meet you both.

in the meantime i will send some emails over the next couple of weeks

nice hearing from you

say hello to mike

fondest regards robert:)

I dont want to be reminded of "The Tech". Went there from 58 to 61, the worst three years of my life. Will go to my grave cursing Wadge, what an animal.

Steve W1945

You obviously had some bad experiences of CTS, which goes against many good attributes to the school as have many an ex OB muted on this site.

I was in the School 58 to 61 ,an Engineer. and would be pleased to know your identity.

We should have known each other?

Gary Marshman

North wales

I was at the Tech. from 46 to 49, I had a great time, learnt a lot too.

Was there 63-66 & avoided him like the plague. Certainly he had a horrific persona. I did not like Mr Howell (Sportsmaster - He was a B*&S?£&d !). Survived & so happy on last day. Spent 1.5 years at Gleadless (Wadge retired during that time & replaced by Peter Dixon - he was ok) - I was luckier than you (I think!). Take care.

hello people i went to cts 61 64 3d 5b 6b i got a 3rd class diploma in engineering.i remember most of the names on page 24/476 if i get things wrong it is because i am just learning to use a computer at the age of 65.my name is gallagher .a lot of caning is mentioned but can only remember getting slippered .ivor carpenter sat his diploma exams being brought in by taxi.he died almost as soon as exams were finished.i remember him because i owed him half a crown .miss hilliard was a small lady who taught us french i think.pop gregory always seemed to be going on about mince pies,he once threatened to go an see my mother as i wasnt very good at chem as i lived on foxhill it was on his way home.several of us got kicked out on the last morning for threatening a prefect by the name of fairweather. we sat on the balcony with knees wedged against the front and pushed until the back of the bench broke.there was also a shop opposite the school on west st that sold ciggies in ones for couple of pence.fond memories of don woolhouse he also taught me at granville collegealso wolstenholme in maths who threatened to thump me if ididnt get at least credits in diploma exam. i have to mention sally

---------- Post added 27-03-2013 at 15:08 ----------

i have to mention sally hughes he let lads bring their own records in some of who brought r and b and blues music in leading to a love of this type of music i still have. i cant remember who taught woodwork in the first year but remember him demonstrating on the big sanding not to turn it by putting your finger in one of the three holes near the centre of the disc using apiece of dowelling one hole was tighter than the others ,apparently someone in previous years had lost the tip of his finger doing this.remember the dinners horrible dark green cabbage semolina tapioca parsley sauce all things ihave never been able to eat since