'Gays dont eat pastry' - The F Word

Cant beleive the amount of people on here asking what hair(y) pie is.

You lot have led a sheltered life :hihi:

They're along the same lines as a Haddock Pastie

Or a Whitby Whelk. :hihi:

For those of you that dont know Janet -Street -Porter, HERE She is.

I'm eating a pasty now, so horse-gob is wrong.

I'm eating a pasty now, so horse-gob is wrong.

Perhaps its a sign that you are on the turn Nick :thumbsup:

Perhaps its a sign that you are on the turn Nick :thumbsup:

I did wake-up thinking about pork pies and brown sauce too, perhaps your right, I'll be calling women "darlin'" next and having a huge exhaust put on the car.

I need a day in IKEA or Cole Brothers soft furnishings department to get me back on track.

Yeah,

I 'm only 36. How old are you 40s?

lol.......I'm 34. Ok quick rethink...erm...... you must have ner seen "Flava" and were probably doing better things than laughing at Normski.

I did wake-up thinking about pork pies and brown sauce too, perhaps your right, I'll be calling women "darlin'" next and having a huge exhaust put on the car.

I need a day in IKEA or Cole Brothers soft furnishings department to get me back on track.

Fancy rearranging my furniture? It may help.

Fancy rearranging my furniture? It may help.

I doubt it, I'm couldn't even pick out an accent colour at the moment, I'd be hopeless.

whether nimrod has ever worked in a large kitchen is no reason for the loudmouth cook to bully people,he only gets away with it because people need the work, could you really imagine him bieng so abusive in a pub where he is not known or doesnt have a camera crew hanging around ?

some may consider him to be talented,perhaps he is,but he has no right to abuse people in his employ,im very surprised that we have not heard more about him, as in having to face a tribunal for bullying in the workplace.

is it the norm for cooks to go off like he does ?my son is a chef,when he was training he came across a similar bully and said nothing,he was on his break talking to his brother who had nothing to do with the establishment where my son was working,along comes loud mouth,shouting and ranting and made the mistake of trying to show up my son,i say mistake as his brother took offence and reduced the cook to a wreck,like most bullies,he could dish it out but not take it

You made an interesting point. I've worked in different kitchens too. If and when you are employed by someone, you're expected to do work. I can tell you that, it can get pretty heated when the pressure is on. Especially when it's so hot in there too. Maybe Ramsay comes across as a bit of a bully, but I'm sure that the people he works with are more trained than the ones that were on the programme, and understand the working dynamics of a kitchen. If you can't do a job, you're fired anyway. End of. No bullying. I couldn't stand it long-term, I had to get out too. So respect to those that do it for years. I have to respect the guy cos he seriously do give respect to the profession.

When I watched that programme, I can see how Gordon Ramsay made the connection of the lads being from the Banking industry should be able to handle the pressure, and abuse. It just goes to show that the industry knowledge is important. I bet the lads were thinking that, it's an easy-peasy job, and it's a laugh to work with the best to brag to their mates. That was the impression that they gave.

Obviously if they paid attention to the cooking process, then they shouldn't have made the simple mistakes of spilling water onto hot fat. I watched that programme, and I cringed. There were at least two sets of fire incidences. It is no wonder that Gordon was peeved. He was right when he said that it is his reputation on the line. Cos he is the 'manager' of the kitchen. If people are endangering themselves, then he would be responsible. I was glad that he stood over the pot of hot oil. Cos it was overheating and the temperature was too high. That's why many of the donuts came out burnt. None of the guy seemed to have the knowledge to turn down the gas, or to add cold oil to reduce its temperature. (Which was what Gordon did in the end, I think.)

I actually can't believe that he served burnt donuts, and got paid for it ! Sometimes you wonder whether people really know their food. Or maybe they were just being nice, and don't want to kick up a fuss.

It just goes to show that they may be skilled in shares and stocks, but not in culinary skills. It shouldn't dampen their spirits, but make them realise that working in a kitchen is not for them.

OK I really must have led a sheletered life, gettin even more confused now with haddock pastie and whatever the whelk thing is!

someone help me out :)