Virgin Media Hub

14 minutes ago, Krplastering said:

Sorry if in wrong topic area. Just wondering if anyone has a spare virgin hub I could buy ? As mine is broken and can’t get engineer out for two weeks. 

thankyou. Kyle 

Pretty sure nobody will, far as I am aware Virgin own all their equipment (set top boxes, routers) and when you end service with them you have to send it back.

Guest busdriver1
16 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Pretty sure nobody will, far as I am aware Virgin own all their equipment (set top boxes, routers) and when you end service with them you have to send it back.

They do and boy do they make a song and dance about it, its then they show their true colours .

3 hours ago, Krplastering said:

Sorry if in wrong topic area. Just wondering if anyone has a spare virgin hub I could buy ? As mine is broken and can’t get engineer out for two weeks. 

thankyou. Kyle 

They dont need to send an engineer out to replace the hub, if they confirm it's faulty from their end, they can just send one out in the post...

That's all they do now when you switch to them (providing you already have the connection coming into the property obviously)

You also have to send the hub back to them when you leave....

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Sky are now exactly the same with their SkyQ boxes, no idea if they insist for routers though.

They have done this for a while, since Sky+ was first introduced, every time we 'upgraded' they asked for the old box back, it's actually in the contract terms that you are 'renting' the equipment, and don't own it!

Just now, Ghozer said:

They dont need to send an engineer out to replace the hub, if they confirm it's faulty from their end, they can just send one out in the post...

That's all they do now when you switch to them (providing you already have the connection coming into the property obviously)

You also have to send the hub back to them when you leave....

They have done this for a while, since Sky+ was first introduced, every time we 'upgraded' they asked for the old box back, it's actually in the contract terms that you are 'renting' the equipment, and don't own it!

I have been able to keep old Sky+ boxes so they must have changed it a few years after they brought them in. 

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I have been able to keep old Sky+ boxes so they must have changed it a few years after they brought them in. 

We were always asked for them back... the ONLY time we were able to keep one, was when we moved from Sky+ to the whatever the newest thing was after that (it's been a while) - I think once the boxes become 'irrelevant' (as in, old tech) they aren't too bothered about them, but if they are 'current' effectively, then they care :)