Bottle digging sites in Sheffield

Graves park? ReallY? I wouldn't have thought they'd allow it. Just up the road from me. Whereabouts?

I've had a few bottles from the tip in graves park bout 20 years ago, just off the main road about halfway up Meadowhead hill.

Funnily enough iv just checked in my garage and still have a few old ginger beer bottles

I've had a few bottles from the tip in graves park bout 20 years ago, just off the main road about halfway up Meadowhead hill.

Right, so opposite Morrisons then? I'll have a nosey next time I'm there.

Right, so opposite Morrisons then? I'll have a nosey next time I'm there.

Yeah Yog,, might be a bit overgrown now so might take a bit of finding.

ty for message back Captain80-84 and is tomahawk still on here dont seem to be many of us still digging in sheffield at all

What an exciting past time NOT ive enough digging with Time Team ehehe.Sorry guys just couldnt resist it.

Hi there just found this site iv always been interested in old bottles but never been lucky enough to find a tip to dig, I'm over in rotherham don't suppose anyone knows and any out my way ? Please   if easier to keep private you could always email me fingers crossed 😀 [email protected]

Edited by Metalcliff

It is easy to criticise or ridicule things that we don't understand. 

I like to look beyond the interest. Get to know the type of people with different unusual or eccentric interests. There has been over 13,000 views of the topic.

Myself  and Metalcliff  are up for a bit of digging, preferably  in the Rotherham area. Either PM me or email Metalcliff. 

Edited by Janus
Additional info

On 12/09/2010 at 11:53, Tommahawk said:

I no where there a victorian dump wadsley bridge/hillsborough area. PM me if ur interested.

Inboxing you 😃 

On 21/06/2020 at 00:27, Metalcliff said:

Hi there just found this site iv always been interested in old bottles but never been lucky enough to find a tip to dig, I'm over in rotherham don't suppose anyone knows and any out my way ? Please   if easier to keep private you could always email me fingers crossed 😀 [email protected]

Did you find any sites?

Can someone inbox me exact locations of Sheffield tips please 

On 26/08/2012 at 00:11, Tommahawk said:

yes me.. Do you know about the 3 dump sites at oughtibrige :D

Please can you send me locations?

On 27/04/2011 at 22:56, charlie1984 said:

where bouts on river don hillsbrough or town side

Did you find a location?

I’ve got an old bottle that’s small with raised lettering on it from a wine merchants in Sheffield that I found when I excavated an area at the back of my shop in Attercliffe. It’s in my shop so I will take a picture of it and post it on here as someone did tell me to keep hold of it as it is a really nice piece.