Putin Threatens The West

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

Said early doors this was only going to end badly.

You can’t “beat” a nuclear power.

Putins backstop position was always going to be nuclear - fighting a proxy war through Ukraine is pointless and futile.

the best case scenario would be almost a war of atrition but that’s not panning out.

putin intends to win.

Unless some people cleverer than me come up with a strategy to find some kind of compromise the only hope is that putin is overthrown.

otherwise I’m thinking one more Xmas if we’re lucky. 

But no one can win a nuclear war , The radiation will spread around the World , maybe the odd mid Pacific Island or the very north of  Siberia or Newfoundland will be  habitable , when China and the USA  pitch into this madness its curtains for the rest of us ,

Guest makapaka
4 minutes ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

But no one can win a nuclear war , The radiation will spread around the World , maybe the odd mid Pacific Island or the very north of  Siberia or Newfoundland will be  habitable , when China and the USA  pitch into this madness its curtains for the rest of us ,

Yep

9 minutes ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

Mmm , wonder why there's never been one 

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Mmm , wonder why there's never been one 

There very nearly was, and then some sound minds calmed it down and later on with Gorbachev even effectively took it off the table.

that’s not currently happening this time round.

it’s only 75 years since the last one was dropped. It’s not exactly proving a trend that there hasn’t been one thus far.

Edited by makapaka

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

There very nearly was, and then some sound minds calmed it down and later on with Gorbachev even effectively took it off the table.

that’s not currently happening this time round.

it’s only 75 years since the last one was dropped. It’s not exactly proving a trend that there hasn’t been one thus far.

I said there hadn't been a nuclear war not that one had not been used . How many have been used since then ? Plenty of time for sound minds .

Guest makapaka
5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I said there hadn't been a nuclear war not that one had not been used . How many have been used since then ? Plenty of time for sound minds .

Only because no one else had one at the time.

i hope you’re right obviously -  I really do.

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Only because no one else had one at the time.

i hope you’re right obviously -  I really do.

There have been loads of nuclear missiles detonated so far, all over the earth.

We are still here. 

Even allowing for Putin’s obvious madness, it would take quite a leap to move from a dispute about a few bits of the Ukraine to the end of civilisation.

His generals won’t let him use them anyway. Because if he starts a nuclear war, he’ll lose. So, it is indeed time for calm heads in the west.

Its not a nice time though.

7 hours ago, retep said:

So will we.

I never implied otherwise. My point is that the silly brainless cow who was advocating nuking us on the basis that this would somehow make everyone else back off is clearly off her nut. If Russia wants to go down this road they’ll be needing their hammers to shoe horses and their sickles to harvest the crops that they’ll be dodging fallout to plant. Another thing Russia might like to remember about their Great Patriotic War is the sacrifice made by our navy and merchant navy running the deadly arctic convoy routes to prop up their miserable regime.

3 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

I never implied otherwise. My point is that the silly brainless cow who was advocating nuking us on the basis that this would somehow make everyone else back off is clearly off her nut. If Russia wants to go down this road they’ll be needing their hammers to shoe horses and their sickles to harvest the crops that they’ll be dodging fallout to plant. Another thing Russia might like to remember about their Great Patriotic War is the sacrifice made by our navy and merchant navy running the deadly arctic convoy routes to prop up their miserable regime.

It was a miserable regime but it was instrumental in defeating Nazi Germany.

NATO have started this.

Using Ukraine as a proxy.

NATO and America again using proxys unseated the legitimately elected lead and installed the current puppet.

The current puppet has waged a savage war on ethnic Russians from day 1.

The current puppet went back on an agreement with Russia to end hostilities 

Russia finally invaded.

Once again yall being lied to.

Once again yall lap it up.

This thing has the potential to go global and I don't think we want that. 

Western leaders need to reign it in before we all suffer in a big way.