Putin Threatens The West

9 hours ago, rogets said:

Knowing what this country is, would putin dare do anything to the UK? 

I think not, and for good reason 

This is the country that stopped Hitler, remember 1940

I have never heard such a silly comparison.

In 1940 we had a big army compared with one of the smallest now and we had one of the largest navies in the world, when today's is one of the smallest.

We also, more importantly , had a real Prime Minister with the intelligence to make the right decisions.

Most of our Prime ministers since then have had a lot of swagger and nothing to back it up.

Our last few Prime Ministers have been a complete waste of space, even in peacetime.

Last, but not least, we were taking a terrible beating in 1940 and lucky not to be defeated there and then.

Check your history books if you can't remember.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

I have never heard such a silly comparison.

In 1940 we had a big army compared with one of the smallest now and we had one of the largest navies in the world, when today's is one of the smallest.

We also, more importantly , had a real Prime Minister with the intelligence to make the right decisions.

Most of our Prime ministers since then have had a lot of swagger and nothing to back it up.

Our last few Prime Ministers have been a complete waste of space, even in peacetime.

Last, but not least, we were taking a terrible beating in 1940 and lucky not to be defeated there and then.

Check your history books if you can't remember.

Chamberlin  ,waving his bit of signed paper given to him by Hitler  , A real prime minister ,  you are having a laugh ,

3 hours ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

Chamberlin  ,waving his bit of signed paper given to him by Hitler  , A real prime minister ,  you are having a laugh ,

I think you are the one having a laugh if you think I am referring to Chamberlain. That would be a comedy.

No, I am referring to not only the finest Prime Minister, but,  one of the finest Englishmen to grace our lands - Winston Churchill, who also guided our (late) queen when she needed it most.

My family were steadfast labourites but even they respected him.

Surprised at your post as I always find myself in agreement with you.

Edited by Organgrinder

11 hours ago, rogets said:

Knowing what this country is, would putin dare do anything to the UK? 

I think not, and for good reason 

This is the country that stopped Hitler, remember 1940

Boris is the one that stoked the fire in Ukraine, giving them arms.

When this is all over will people see this? If Putin sends a few bombs over here we can discuss it, or if Putin gets bumped off, Boris will be a hero.

There will not be a lot of body bags being returned to Russia because if a dead soldier is returned the government has to pay the family compensation.

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Boris is the one that stoked the fire in Ukraine, giving them arms.

When this is all over will people see this? If Putin sends a few bombs over here we can discuss it, or if Putin gets bumped off, Boris will be a hero.

What a load of claptrap. Most of the Western world sent arms, and if Spewtin was to get bumped off they would then have a real case of blaming the West

44 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I think you are the one having a laugh if you think I am referring to Chamberlin. That would be a comedy.

No, I am referring to not only the finest Prime Minister, but,  one of the finest Englishmen to grace our lands - Winston Churchill, who also guided our (late) queen when she needed it most.

My family were steadfast labourites but even they respected him.

Surprised at your post as I always find myself in agreement with you.

Sorry , Some times gob runs away with brain .  I should have  realised not Chamberlin , by the way I am not a fan of Churchill or his  family , but agree he was a good war time leader .

Guest makapaka

Said early doors this was only going to end badly.

You can’t “beat” a nuclear power.

Putins backstop position was always going to be nuclear - fighting a proxy war through Ukraine is pointless and futile.

the best case scenario would be almost a war of atrition but that’s not panning out.

putin intends to win.

Unless some people cleverer than me come up with a strategy to find some kind of compromise the only hope is that putin is overthrown.

otherwise I’m thinking one more Xmas if we’re lucky.