Does Sheffield Have Yellow Box Cameras?

Hi,

I was driving home today and ended up stuck right on the edge of a yellow box  on Queens road.

Does anybody know if there is a camera there and if it will issue me a fine?

Thanks

IIRC correctly, only London has them currently. Although the legislation is being /has been changed to allow their use outside London.

Was it the one with James Cycles the old pub on the corner ? I’ve seen cars go through there at red and nothing flashes

2 minutes ago, *Wallace* said:

Was it the one with James Cycles the old pub on the corner ? I’ve seen cars go through there at red and nothing flashes

Anyone turning right there, and therefore blocking a lane for ages, needs lining up against a wall and shooting. Loads of people do it

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Anyone turning right there, and therefore blocking a lane for ages, needs lining up against a wall and shooting. Loads of people do it

Harsh, but fair.

23 hours ago, yoyoman said:

Hi,

I was driving home today and ended up stuck right on the edge of a yellow box  on Queens road.

Does anybody know if there is a camera there and if it will issue me a fine?

Thanks

No, there isn’t. As others have said, the ability for councils to enforce these contraventions outside London is being rolled out by the government, but there are no cameras in yet.

The only camera at that junction enforces red light offences.

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

The right turn from Queens Rd out of city into Bramall Lane?

It is allowed, so I can’t see the problem.

5 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

There isn’t an enforcement camera in every camera housing. They move them around.

15 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

The right turn from Queens Rd out of city into Bramall Lane?

It is allowed, so I can’t see the problem.

I never said it wasnt allowed.

However it is utterly ridiculous that it is. No right filter so cars block an entire lane, usually sat in the box junction too for good measure, for a whole minute whilst they wait for the lights to go red as usually the other way is too busy and/or nobody lets them cross.

Edited by HeHasRisen

16 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I never said it wasnt allowed.

However it is utterly ridiculous that it is. No right filter so cars block an entire lane, usually sat in the box junction too for good measure, for a whole minute whilst they wait for the lights to go red as usually the other way is too busy and/or nobody lets them cross.

There are plenty of junctions where right turners hold up traffic going ahead.

I’d suspect that the reason it is allowed is that there aren’t any nearby alternatives if you want to go in that direction.

My own observation is that other drivers give the right turner abuse as they incorrectly think the turn is banned.

I don’t see that many drivers make the turn, so a few drivers getting delayed for one cycle of the signals is hardly a big deal, especially on a route that is congested anyway at peak hours.