The Far Lees Pub Leighton Road

what happened to our local pub 

who would like to see it reopen again ? 

• Like 1

Sad that it is it’s easy to cut out the most expensive and none essential cash grabbers, best get used to it, and that goes for both buyers and sellers.

Edited by crookesey

Can’t understand this thread, the Far Lees has been closed and turned into shop around five years ago.

I visited the store few days back 

I was just wondering if it was possible to reopen ad a pub again would the community go there and enjoy the many happy evenings which wad spent there like way back 

7 minutes ago, Mike (twin) said:

I was just wondering if it was possible to reopen ad a pub again would the community go there and enjoy the many happy evenings which wad spent there like way back 

It will never be a pub again, all the regulars, I was one, have either died or can’t afford beer prices anyway and the younger end can’t understand the pub culture, chat, pub games,  it was a meeting place and the last manager left the cellar door unlocked on purpose I might add subsequently the vandals got in and set it on fire twice in the same week, so it was decided to sell it off, which they did.

Well you never know what’s around the corner if the opportunity came up tomorrow to open up the doors and take the towel off the pumps on day am sure  FM  would have a smile on his face 

3 hours ago, Mike (twin) said:

Well you never know what’s around the corner if the opportunity came up tomorrow to open up the doors and take the towel off the pumps on day am sure  FM  would have a smile on his face 

My bold, is he still alive?

No. FM was my neighbour. He passed away about 15 years ago.

Both him and Joan lovely couple good landlord and landlady 

2 hours ago, Beamish said:

No. FM was my neighbour. He passed away about 15 years ago.

You can always go to the Wyvern(not).

On 17/08/2022 at 19:48, steep said:

You can always go to the Wyvern(not).

The Wyvern is standing and is just a shell the bars have gone and is now waiting to be turned into another unwanted shop, the pub was good I used it for over forty years.