Hosepipe Bans, Why The 2 Week Delay?

7 minutes ago, lobster said:

Everbody seems to have missed the obvious question . How many reseviors has Yorkshire Water filled in &  sold off for building land

Tell us more , please 

The two week delay is to get the legal aspect sorted, I would have thought that all the water companies in Britain could have put resources together to pipe down from the lochs in Scotland, the billions of gallons of water that’s  available.

Edited by lazarus

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

The two week delay is to get the legal aspect sorted, I would have thought that all the water companies in Britain could have put resources together to pipe down from the lochs in Scotland, the billions of gallons of water that’s  available.

Won't somebody think of the shareholders.

When we do have rain it will just run off the ground like a sheet of plastic. We need a few days of drizzle first or the water will run off and flood lower ground. To help gardeners can rake the moss out of grass and aerate the ground.

They are waiting for torrential rainfall prior to it’s instigation. 🤗

Guest makapaka
22 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Hosepipe ban eh?

So I'll assume Yorkshire water have fixed all the leaks then?

Huge leak on south road today.

9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Huge leak on south road today.

Keep us updated, please 

17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Keep us updated, please 

Is it a leak ( a trickle ) or is it a burst ( a deluge )

12 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Tell us more , please 

Since 2013 Yorkshire water has been selling off " redundant reseviors " usually for building land . I cannot get  an acurate number ,thats why some one in the media needs to ask how many . . Classic economics create more demand ( new homes ) whilst reducing supply ( reduce reseviors)

1 hour ago, lobster said:

Since 2013 Yorkshire water has been selling off " redundant reseviors " usually for building land . I cannot get  an acurate number ,thats why some one in the media needs to ask how many . . Classic economics create more demand ( new homes ) whilst reducing supply ( reduce reseviors)

The reservoirs in Sheffield which have/are being sold are the covered treated storage reservoirs that no longer needed because of the new water treatment works eg in Rivelin.  One or two are too small or too polluted to be used.  Some have become used for water level control in the rivers.

The majority of the drinking water for Sheffield comes from the Yorkshire Derwent near York. The water off the moors needs treatment before it can be used e.g.  mineral content and acidity.

Yorkshire water contracted out the majority of our share of Derwent and Howden reservoirs to the cities in the East Midlands. Although part of the scheme, no water comes from Ladybower, only from Derwent and Howden reservoirs.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

7 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Massive leak dripping down Lydgate Lane from the Marsh Lane junction last night, not for the first time either. 😂

When Yorkshire Water pay my council tax for me, then they can tell me what to do on my land, until then, I will do whatever I blummin well like.

Right on , Sister 

When on a water meter , the amount of water used determines the bill.  If one is not on a meter will all these people be due a refund as they pay a premium for unmetered use.