Climate change

People boiling

People freezing

Impending bills that no one will be able to pay

Forest fires

People being cancelled 

Celebrities being investigated

Celebrities moaning about something, somewhere

The traditional news sources genuinely make me feel that we are living in the end times.

Surely some good must be happening in the world so where do you get your good news?

People like bad news - it makes them feel sorry for those affected by it  and good that their own lives are better than those others - it gives them a lift.

How often have you seen programmes about great houses, gardens, other people's holidays etc etc, then becoming depressed that your house is small, draughty, the tiny lawn has weeds you still can't get rid of, and your last holiday was pre-pandemic a day-trip to rainy Skeeggy?

Completely agree, bad news stories are selling and car crash TV here views.

I'm genuinely asking though where the good news stories are? 

I'm finding that I can't watch the TV or go on the internet for news without wanting to go to bed and not get up again. 

2 minutes ago, Delayed said:

I'm finding that I can't watch the TV or go on the internet for news without wanting to go to bed and not get up again. 

I think all this bad news is making people suffer from depression. I’ve met lots of people suffering from panic attacks etc; because of all the bad news. It stays in your brain doesn’t it ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I think all this bad news is making people suffer from depression. I’ve met lots of people suffering from panic attacks etc; because of all the bad news. It stays in your brain doesn’t it ?

Not if you don't read/watch it. 😃 A bit like the reason I don't bother reading the massive majority of topics on SF.

36 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Dont think there is any good tbh, more shops are closing, cant remember any recently opening tbh lol, everybodys suffering from cost of living, belts tightening, shops and pubs, cafes etc all needing staff (prolly good for anybody losing a job, but bad news for the venues that cant open to the maximum and then obviously suppiers, not selling to the maximum)

BUT

being out in Whitby either working, or like today out as a punter, the amount of people spending, eating, drinking and having fun in the sun seems like good news despite "stuff"

When I do go out I see lots of people out enjoying the sunshine,  cafes are full, people sat outside pubs eating and drinking.

I find one bad news story a day is enough balanced by half a dozen good ones,  there's always some worse off.

5 hours ago, Delayed said:

Seems like now more than ever we are bombarded with bad news:

People boiling

People freezing

People being warm does not make interesting reading, even though our country is warmer is good news.

We have record job vacancies, which is great if you want a job. But we have record NHS and cancer waiting times.

Every generation, and every era has had its good times and its bad. 

Every generation, senoirs looks back on "when we were young...." at the good times, and the bad in roughly

equal measure

If you do meet an elderly grump, you can always get them talking about their "good times" when things were better than now, but you can also remind them that now we are not at war, don't have rationing, don't have many of the diseases they had to put up with... and so on.

By the same token, if you find a senoir saying it's far better now and we've no worries compared to their day, just mention internet scams, banks closing, fuel costs rocketing, global warming destoying the planet etc....

We live in the era we are in - just try and cope with the good and the bad!

Guest ThaBoom
11 hours ago, Delayed said:

Seems like now more than ever we are bombarded with bad news:

Climate change

People boiling

People freezing

Impending bills that no one will be able to pay

Forest fires

People being cancelled 

Celebrities being investigated

Celebrities moaning about something, somewhere

The traditional news sources genuinely make me feel that we are living in the end times.

Surely some good must be happening in the world so where do you get your good news?

Unfortunately, there is just a lot of 'bad news' at the moment that pushes any good news out the window.

But, like it's already been mentioned- media sources thrive on negativity- they like to shout out loudest when the nation is in decline. 

Think you need to take the good from where you can.

I've just returned from a few days break in Windermere,  Lake District with family.  Absolutely beautiful and seeing families out and about was uplifting. Despite the financial challenges , I was surprised how many cars were on the road and people visiting hot spots.

Great news for those tourist spots who have been suffering last 2 yrs with the closures due to the pandemic. 

Food is expensive as expected when you go to eat at these cafes on site etc but guess that is the norm. 

9 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Every generation, and every era has had its good times and its bad. 

Every generation, senoirs looks back on "when we were young...." at the good times, and the bad in roughly

equal measure

If you do meet an elderly grump, you can always get them talking about their "good times" when things were better than now, but you can also remind them that now we are not at war, don't have rationing, don't have many of the diseases they had to put up with... and so on.

By the same token, if you find a senoir saying it's far better now and we've no worries compared to their day, just mention internet scams, banks closing, fuel costs rocketing, global warming destoying the planet etc....

We live in the era we are in - just try and cope with the good and the bad!

Leave me out of it Thirsty, and your spelling is attrochious.