Are You A Diy Dentist?

Guest sibon

Apparently it is a thing and it is on the rise. My dentist is pretty hopeless, but he’s better than nothing. He’s also better than me, so when I need to, I reluctantly go to see him.

How about you?  Do you pull your own teeth? Maybe sort out a filling or two? Do your own root canals?

Story here:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/aug/08/diy-dentistry-on-the-rise-as-90-of-nhs-practices-not-seeing-new-patients?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by sibon

No way. I am DIY lots of things but no way that I will be doing the deep and root cleaning by myself. That would be some "video nasty" level stuff

36 minutes ago, croat77 said:

No way. I am DIY lots of things but no way that I will be doing the deep and root cleaning by myself. That would be some "video nasty" level stuff

Sad that in this day and age some people have no choice. Dental costs are now prohibitive, and NHS dentists who only do the most basic are very thin on the ground.

what a load of tosh if you cant get into a local dentist just register at the dental hospital where you get the same treatment on nhs , a friend of mine has had some major work done and very small charge, or go private its cheap at 20 quid a month smilecare through bupa.

I hate the dentists, i always have to have some work done🥺

Sticking homemade teeth to gums with superglue? Somebody’s having the Grauniad’s cub reporter on.

2016: £350 million a week extra for the NHS 

2022: pull your own teeth

😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 08/08/2022 at 20:34, CaptainSwing said:

... which basically buys you a scale and polish, plus a small discount (10%) off the cost of some common treatments, not including orthodontics or root canal work.

https://www.bupa.co.uk/dental/dental-care/ways-to-pay/bupa-smile-plan

its buys a lot more i get 2 sometimes 3 check ups a year and 2 scale and polish it also includes xrays, if i do need any treatment then its minimised as i go regularly ! simple really

haha oh my.. DIY dentists. I just stick to brushing my teeth. For anything else I prefer my dentist to have a look :) 

On 08/08/2022 at 11:55, sibon said:

Apparently it is a thing and it is on the rise. My dentist is pretty hopeless, but he’s better than nothing. He’s also better than me, so when I need to, I reluctantly go to see him.

How about you?  Do you pull your own teeth? Maybe sort out a filling or two? Do your own root canals?

Story here:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/aug/08/diy-dentistry-on-the-rise-as-90-of-nhs-practices-not-seeing-new-patients?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Maybe a good time for you to train and go into the profession

I'm not a DIY dentist but I do know of a Dennis Prentice, an apprentice dentist.