Archie Battersbee

The thing is the mother is now taking the NHS to court for “ lack of care” regarding her son. Her mind will be in turmoil , so she really needs to have a break from  the media circus until she realises that she cannot blame the NHS, because they have done everything possible that they could do.

8 minutes ago, pattricia said:

The thing is the mother is now taking the NHS to court for “ lack of care” regarding her son. Her mind will be in turmoil , so she really needs to have a break from  the media circus until she realises that she cannot blame the NHS, because they have done everything possible that they could do.

Exactly this. I assume its the morons at the Christian Law Centre advising her.

12 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Actually that's a really good point and not one I'd even given any though to.

I am not saying I know the parents did anything wrong, just that there are no mention of the cause.

No it's resulted in a death, there will be no more delays to the police investigation.

• Like 1

Our son needed a major operation that subsequently saved his life, I know how we felt then but with hindsight he had a chance, unlike Archie. I’m not about to start apportioning blame, the whole thing is so very sad, this is one of those times when I wish that I was a believer.

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

The criticism of Archie Battersbee's mother is unfair.

I don't think it's that black and white.

There might be very legitimate reasons for criticising of the mother and/or father.

Firstly and foremost, as others have pointed out, the original incident needs to be careful looked into. How exactly did this happen. How exactly did such a situation occur where such reckless dare was being done right under their noses in the home.

How about the fact that her blind insistence of knowing better the medically qualified doctors has potentially prolonged the suffering of their child.  How about the clear fact that her emotive state has overwhelmed any practical reality of the accepting the fact that her child was braindead and thus creating prolonged and expensive legal action which is drained monies from NHS resources and also blocked the use of a a bed for a patient who potentially had a more stable and higher chance of recoverability.

How about the fact that despite all the the negative judgments, litigation and advice by her legal team, she still appears unwilling to accept the position and grieve dignified instead choosing to remain the forefront of some campaign or cause.  

How about the fact that she has chosen to court and encourage media attention, seemingly on more than one occasion, in some quest for litigation.

Although any of the above could be of course (and understandibly) be the effect of some highly emotional and distressed state that any parent would face if they had similar circumstances, it does not necessarily make her free from any criticism.  That right is waived the moment someone opens their mouth to the newspapers in a public forum.

She could step back, accept the reality, try and grieve with dignity remembering her son in better times.   

However if she continues to go on some public blame game dragging things out through the courts, then she's more than deserving of any criticism or counter argument or counter attack. I can guarantee the Defendant pursued in any subsequent actions will certainly go for it - that's their lawyers job and something Claimant mother and father will need to be prepared to face. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Exactly this. I assume its the morons at the Christian Law Centre advising her.

You could be right there !

2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

I don't think it's that black and white.

There might be very legitimate reasons for criticising of the mother and/or father.

Firstly and foremost, as others have pointed out, the original incident needs to be careful looked into. How exactly did this happen. How exactly did such a situation occur where such reckless dare was being done right under their noses in the home.

How about the fact that her blind insistence of knowing better the medically qualified doctors has potentially prolonged the suffering of their child.  How about the clear fact that her emotive state has overwhelmed any practical reality of the accepting the fact that her child was braindead and thus creating prolonged and expensive legal action which is drained monies from NHS resources and also blocked the use of a a bed for a patient who potentially had a more stable and higher chance of recoverability.

How about the fact that despite all the the negative judgments, litigation and advice by her legal team, she still appears unwilling to accept the position and grieve dignified instead choosing to remain the forefront of some campaign or cause.  

How about the fact that she has chosen to court and encourage media attention, seemingly on more than one occasion, in some quest for litigation.

Although any of the above could be of course (and understandibly) be the effect of some highly emotional and distressed state that any parent would face if they had similar circumstances, it does not necessarily make her free from any criticism.  That right is waived the moment someone opens their mouth to the newspapers in a public forum.

She could step back, accept the reality, try and grieve with dignity remembering her son in better times.   

However if she continues to go on some public blame game dragging things out through the courts, then she's more than deserving of any criticism or counter argument or counter attack. I can guarantee the Defendant pursued in any subsequent actions will certainly go for it - that's their lawyers job and something Claimant mother and father will need to be prepared to face. 

I agree with every word you post.!

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

Oh dear..

Really? 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Oh dear..

Really? 

Her mental state is in turmoil. She needs to take a break because she is suffering from severe grieving.

6 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Her mental state is in turmoil. She needs to take a break because she is suffering from severe grieving.

She also needs to wise up and stop being potentially influenced by external parties trying to push their own agenda through her obviously tragic bereavement.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Could be a bit of guilt in there too tbh, given the sketchy story of how he ended brain dead in the first place. Maybe trying to blame everyone except herself.

8 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Yeah It seems that way. I feel for her I genuinely do. My family are no strangers to nhs foul ups so I guess that could be a possibility but this media circus will be doing nothing positive for her, her family and Archie's memory.

I think the public will turn against this woman